Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hyperhelix
    • Jul 2003

Authoring with TMPGEnc

Ok I've been trying to author a .m2v and a .wav file in TMPGenc DVD Author and for some reason it does the video fine but there is nothing placed in the AUDIO_TS folder. And when I burn it using NERO it only burns video. Is there supposed to be something in AUDIO_TS? Any guides on authoring in TMPGenc DVD Author would be helpful also. Thank you in advance.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"but there is nothing placed in the AUDIO_TS folder"

NOTHING should be placed in the "AUDIO_TS" folder. If you've properly loaded both a DVD-compliant MPEG-2 video file and a valid .WAV file into TMPGEnc DVD Author, it should create :

1) VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP

2) VTS_01_0.IFO and VTS_01_0.BUP

3) A sequence of .VOB files, e.g.:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

The .VOB files should contain both multiplexed video AND audio streams.

Use the same name (with different extensions, of course) for the .M2V and .WAV files, e.g.:

MOVIE.M2V
    MOVIE.WAV

(Doing this should cause TMPGEnc DVD Author to automatically load the audio stream when you select the video stream)

Comment

• hyperhelix
      • Jul 2003

OK

Alright I do everything that you say and when I put it back into the computer no audio is playing just video. By the way I burned it with the DVD Writing Tool. And the disc won't play in any of my standalone dvd players. Its also a DVD+R if you wondering.

Comment

• Wontonman
        • Mar 2003

I've had the same problem. I authored the DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author and then burned it using the Writing Tool that came with the program (Trial version).

I burned it to a DVD+R and have video but no audio.

Comment

Working...