Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonjan
    • Sep 2003

avi movie file to 1 DVD?

i'm new to DVD's and i'm trying to burn some avi movies from my hard drive onto single DVD's to send to my far-away girlfriend.

i've been downloading a bunch of free programs, but so far burn dvd 3.0 and myDVD Plus are the best... but there are problems myDVD will only burn 1 hour of video, and the other program didn't seem to put any data on my DVD after 6 hours of supposed burning!

anyway, i know there must be a simple, and possible free or cheap, software that will let me burn an avi file from hard drive onto a single DVD. A program like this does exist, yes?

jonjan
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• jonjan
      • Sep 2003

any single program to do it?

setarip,

thanks for the info. I saw your suggestions on another thread as well.

There must be some program, where you simply choose the avi file, put in a DVD and click 'burn'...

though, now i have a backup, in case i can't find one for free or cheap..

jonjan

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"setarip,
        thanks for the info"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• jonjan
          • Sep 2003

more software needed?

i downloaded TMPGEnc and it told me i needed P3Package.dll, and also mentioned that i need DVD Player software

i can honestly say i was already just clicking "yes" and "ok" without understanding, all the screen before the last one. Is it supposed to get more complicated? or is there an easy way to fix this?

seems like there must be a way easier, automatic, way. burn dvd 3.0 is nice, but the glitch makes it useless till i can figure how to fix it

Comment

Working...