Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcastleberg
    • Sep 2003

How do I convert mpeg2 to DVD?

I just recorded an mpeg2 file and now I want to be able to play it in a regular DVD player. How do I convert this?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the MPEG to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" v.1.5.11.37 (a different program than "TMPGEnc) to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• mcastleberg
      • Sep 2003

I have used tmpegenc dvd and burned a working dvd. However, if I watch in on my computer and try to skip ahead in the file, the sound becomes about 5 seconds behind. What do i do to fix this?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

What software are you using to play it? You should be using a software DVD player such as WinDVD or PowerDVD...

Comment

• mcastleberg
          • Sep 2003

I used PowerDVD

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Rather than speculate where the problem might lay, first try playing the burned DVD on your standalone DVD player (via television) to see if exhibits the same behaviour...

Comment

• mcastleberg
              • Sep 2003

It doesn't, but I can't really skip around on my standalone like I can with PowerDVD. So, I guess it really doesn't matter, I won't be playing it on my PC and/or skipping around anyways.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

"but I can't really skip around on my standalone"

Maybe not by using a slider but, with your remote, you should be able to select any point in time (not just next/last chapter or fast forward/fast backward) in your DVD. I'm sure you can locate such information in your standalone player's documentation...

Comment

Working...