Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jarlemann
    • Nov 2003

mpg to dvd results in buggy sound

I have captured a clip from a vhs source to an mpg (dvd) file. Then I used TMPGenc Dvd Author to make the vobs. The problem is when I have burned these vobs with nero the sound is buggy. The sound is NOT out of sync. The weird thing is that the sound weird and buggy. There is strange noises in addition to the normal sound. When I play the clip on my computer the sound is fine, but when I play it on my DVD in the livingroom it's buggy.

Have anyone encountered this problem before?

I can't find any info about this. All I can find is problems regarding video and audio out of sync, which is not my problem.

I appreciate any help. Thank you very much.
  • Jarlemann
    • Nov 2003

Additional info: The buggy sound is almost like water bubbles.

I can be reached at msn: my hotmail is: jarle_theone@hotmail.com

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"When I play the clip on my computer the sound is fine, but when I play it on my DVD in the livingroom it's buggy."

If you play the burned DVD on your PC, does it exhibit the same behaviour? If not, your "livingroom" DVD player may need to be cleaned. Maxell makes a DVD/CD cleaning disc that retails for approximately $10US...

Comment

• Jarlemann
        • Nov 2003

The sound is still buggy on the PC, but not quite as much actually. The only sound is only buggy on the dvds which I have backup up my vhs tapes. The sound is fine on other dvds. Could it be because of the caputre program I used, which is WinProducer? Have you any experience with this tool. Could you recommend me a good capturing tool?

Thanks for your help.
        It is greatly appreciated.

Thank

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

If, as you've said, "When I play the clip on my computer the sound is fine", but it is "buggy" when you play the burned DVD BOTH on your standalone livingroom DVD player AND your PC, your problem is in the burning process - either the burner itself or (much more likely) poor quality media...

Comment

• Jarlemann
            • Nov 2003

Well. The media I'm using is a sony dvd+rw. I think sony makes good discs. But could it be the fact that I've used this disc maaaany times to do testing? Recording, erasing, recording, erasing over and over again.

That you very much. You are very helpful.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"That you very much. You are very helpful."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Jarlemann
                • Nov 2003

Well. Now I know that it has nothing to do with the disc or my recorder because I tried to view the vobs from the harddisk using av dvd viewing program (PowerDVD) . The sound was buggy. So the problem is TMPGEnc DVD Authoring which causes the buggy sound. Do you know of other software I can use to convert mpg to vobs?

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...