Can you add subtitles to VOB files using Ifoedit?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrissmith
    • Nov 2003

Can you add subtitles to VOB files using Ifoedit?

Any info appreciated!

The subtitles are in *.sub format.

Chris
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I believe you can accomplish that using VOBEdit (by the author of IFOEdit) - but, if I remember correctly, doing so made the resultant video stutter...

Comment

• bobbagoose
      • Nov 2003

yes vobedit will work, but ifoedit won't because for the dvd to be compliant, all subtitles, movie, audio etc must reside in the Video OBject(VOB) file not the Information(IFO) file. changes will need to be made to the IFO to accept the asstion to the VOB. Having not uses vobedit myself i don't know if it would do it automatically or not.

Comment

• oddyseus
        • Sep 2002

if u r a pal user, u can use the authoring function in ifoedit to author your dvd.

U can use the this guide for this.

Comment

• ashy
          • Nov 2003

I believe you can accomplish that using VOBEdit (by the author of IFOEdit) - but, if I remember correctly, doing so made the resultant video stutter
          No, that's an M2v remuxing problem with IFO edit. You won't have any problems with adding subs.

Use Vobedit to extract the subs then author the DVD with IFOedit.

If you wish to combine these VOBs with the original Menu and extras from the DVD then you will need IFOupdate to alter the original IFO so that the DVD plays properly.

Comment

• chrissmith
            • Nov 2003

No, that's an M2v remuxing problem with IFO edit. You won't have any problems with adding subs.

Use Vobedit to extract the subs then author the DVD with IFOedit.

If you wish to combine these VOBs with the original Menu and extras from the DVD then you will need IFOupdate to alter the original IFO so that the DVD plays properly.

----------------------

My subtitles are already extracted by using DVSubmaker to rip the date/time from the original AVI file into a *.sub file.

Sorry to be a div but how exactly do I add these to the vob file by authoring with Ifoedit?

Also is IFOupdate easy enough?

Thanks again!

Comment

• ashy
              • Nov 2003

Ur gonna have to convert that .sub to somat else, cuz theres no authoring program I know of that will accept that format.

Theres a program called SubToSup which you can find here, but you also need the IDX file:

Yes IFOupdate is a synch to use.

Comment

• chrissmith
                • Nov 2003

Sorry to be a dunce but I could really do with a walk through on guide on how to do this. Are there any existing guides specifically for this? I am making my vob/bup/ifo files using DVD Architect 1.0 and would like to be able to add the subtitles while preserving the menus etcc that I created.

Again many thanks!!
                Chris

Comment

Working...