Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Couch
    • Dec 2003

TMPGEnc DVD Author Menu'ing

Couple pet peeves in this software, perhaps I am doing things wrong... Please correct me if anyone knows the solutions!!

Using TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.5.15.49,

1.) When the movie is playing and I want to go directly to the menu, I have to hit "Top Menu" because it does nothing when I hit "Menu". Menu on every other DVD program would take you to the main menu as well as hitting Top Menu.

2.) On the menu, the Play Movie button is always highlighted in this very ugly yellow color.

3.) You pretty much *HAVE* to build by editing a template. You could possibly just take out some stuff from a template (text), replace the background with an image, and replace buttons with a new button image, but the flexibility to start from scratch is just not there right now.

4.) Sometimes I will output with an mpg background (a still with audio) and there will be just a still image, not the audio to go along with it. But then I will output it a second time and it has the audio this time.

Other than these few botherings, I absolutely *LOVE* the software.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"When the movie is playing and I want to go directly to the menu, I have to hit "Top Menu" because it does nothing when I hit "Menu"."

When you are in the "Create menu" mode, set "First play action" to "Display main menu"...

Comment

• Couch
      • Dec 2003

"When you are in the "Create menu" mode, set "First play action" to "Display main menu"..."

That's what I do have it set at... That's so when i put in the DVD, the first thing it does is go to the menu.. What I am saying is after I have pressed play movie, and now I want to exit out and go back to the menu, I have to press "Top Menu" because plain "Menu" doesn't do anything.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"What I am saying is after I have pressed play movie, and now I want to exit out and go back to the menu, I have to press "Top Menu" because plain "Menu" doesn't do anything."

Are you referring to your standalone DVD player's remote control? If so, I'm afraid I have nothing further to offer, as I've never seen a remote control with a "Top Menu" control, let alone both a "Menu" and a "Top Menu" control...

Comment

• Couch
          • Dec 2003

"Are you referring to your standalone DVD player's remote control? If so, I'm afraid I have nothing further to offer, as I've never seen a remote control with a "Top Menu" control, let alone both a "Menu" and a "Top Menu" control..."

Yep, that's okay... I appreciate it. Perhaps someone else can help.

Comment

• digidragon
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Dec 2003

I agree that it's a great piece of software - simple yet powerful. Maybe because of its simplicity, I find that the menus tend to do what they want, rather than what you want them to do.

Have you tried deselecting the Automatic setting in the menu options, and just telling it to display the track menu?

Sorry I can't be of much help. I'm hoping that they'll improve this area in the next release.

Comment

• Couch
              • Dec 2003

Found the answer to all my problems.... A couple steps, but well worth it....

Edit your movie in TMPGEnc, Output with no Menu's and then do menus through DVD-Lab (HIGHLY EFFECTIVE), Compile DVD... Now just burn in Nero.

WHALA! Beautiful Professional looking DVD.

Comment

• Couch
                • Dec 2003

UH OH.. Learning one thing about DVD Lab though... It's near impossible to get the chapters exactly where you want them.. I have even set the chapters in TMPGEnc DVD Author, and wrote the times down, and imported chapter list into DVD Lab, but DVD Lab somehow still puts the chapters a couple seconds off.. Anyone else have this problem or found a solution? Thanks!

Comment

Working...