X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VWonnacott
    • Dec 2003

Creating Menus on a DVD that contains AC-3

Hi

I have wasted so many days on this, I have made the step of asking the experts to help me resolve an issue I have.

I own a Home DVD Recorder (the TV type), and have recorded a program from TV onto DVD-R and closed the session.

I then have transferred this to the pc, and have cut the film using TMPGenc Plus and now want to put chapter selections onto this using a custom background, animated buttons and background music.

I have managed to complete the film and wrote to a DVD no problem using TMPGenc all the way through, but am limited to the themes it provides and am unable to add backing music to the menus and animation through the limited choices.

The U-Lead programme DVD Movie Factory does everything I need, but will not accept the sound which it tell me is AC-3.

Nero Vision Express again seems really good, although keeps failing "transcoding" the files.

Im really at a loss apart from doing as I have read on several articles, converting the sound from AC3 to another format, but am unsure on how to do this - what the best file format is to convert it to, and then I guess I have to re-merge the files.

Is this the only way as it seems very long -winded.

Or are there any programs with all this functionality for DVD VOB files that does support AC3.

Any help is appreciated.

Vincent
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

You could try TMPGEnc DVD Author–different than TMPGEnc Plus which you have already. If you have DVD compliant files from TMPGEnc Plus, DVD Author should accept them. You can construct your own menus and chapter points in DVD Author. Your standalone DVD recorder should have recorded the video in standard DVD format (with .IFO, .VOB, .BUP files intact). If this is the case, You may not even need TMPGenc Plus to encode your files, just drop them straight into DVD Author. You would "create new project" then "open DVD".

Comment

• VWonnacott
      • Dec 2003

DVD Authoring

Sorry should have made that clear.

It is actually TMPGENC DVD Author I have used and it works great - no problems - just does not have the functionality I would like. (custom background, menu sound and animated buttons)

Vincent

Comment

• digidragon
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2003

I agree that the design part of TMPGEnd dvd author is a bit limited. But if you click the menu background you can choose a custom background image or mpeg. Also, if you click on the menu buttons you can choose an animated gif or mpeg for the buttons.

By menu sound, if you mean background music then if the mpeg you choose as a background has audio then you should have music.

Comment

• VWonnacott
          • Dec 2003

DVD Reauthoring

Digidragon

I didnt even know that you could click the background and add your own, I thought you were limited to the templates.

Thats has been a great help, and succesfully burned DVD last night.

Thanks for your time.

Vincent

Comment

• ashy
            • Nov 2003

Have you tried DVDlab?
            Easy to use, many more features than TMPG DVDauthor and has a great interface.

Comment

Working...