Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soze
    • Jan 2004

Burning DivX to DVD? How?

Hello I'm new here. If this topic has already been posted somewhere please point me to the thread. If I'm asking something that's already readily available please forgive me, cause I couldn't find anything on this topic.

I'm pretty new to DVD burning, and the most I've done is backup movie dvds.

Here's what I want to do.

1. I have a bunch of Anime episodes encoded in DivX.
    2. I want to burn them to a DVD with menus and etc. so that I can play the Anime on my DVD standalone player as well as my computers.

I don't know if there's anything specific that you have to do to burn DivX files to DVD so that a standalone player can play it.

I only have the ULead dvd authoring software and roxio easy cd/dvd creator that came with my hardware. Can anyone point me to the software I should be using as well as any step by step information on doing what I need to get this working?

Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• soze
      • Jan 2004

Thanks!

Now I have to try this when I get home. Hopefully I'm going to end up with a fully working "Naruto" DVD.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks!"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• pistnbroke
          • Jan 2004

one program does all canopus best encoder i've used

Comment

Working...