Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IncognitoDVD
    • Mar 2004

Set Top to TMPG DVD Author Issue

I just bought a Philips DVDR75 set top recorder...awesome quality & usage I might add! I am trying to do one to one copy of my home video (VHS) to DVD+R, then author them on my PC using TMPG DVD Author and then burn to a new disc...

I am recording them at High Quality 2 hour record and the quality is great, but I am not really crazy about the set top's menuing system and what to author my own using TMPG...everything goes good until I try to load my video (.vob files) the TMPGenc DVD Author says It cannot accept AC 3 Dolby Digital Audio...Roxio DVD Builder (came with burner) does the same?
    Any suggestions?
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

You can either purchase the AC3 plugin for TMPGEnc, or rip the audio and convert it to PCM/wav/mp* first in some other app.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• IncognitoDVD
      • Mar 2004

OK, had the plugin & got the audio thing figured out, but now when I load my mpeg2 file(s)...files I like to call my credits, it will not accept them with the dvd video? I want to be able to have them at the beginning or the end...they are wmv files with audio that I created using Windows movie maker in XP, then converted the to mpeg2, supposedly DVD compliant files with wmv to avi, mpeg, dvd...they work alone, but TMPG DVD Author will not accept them along with the mpeg2 movie I created with TMPG DVD Auth.
      Any idea why?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Load them into "TMPGEnc DVD Author" as a "new track"...

Comment

• IncognitoDVD
          • Mar 2004

ok, i'll give that a try...

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thank you"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...