Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • digit
    • Jul 2004

Problems to convert VRO File to DVD Vob

I have tried to use TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert VRO File, contained on a Panasonic DMR-HS2 DVD RAM to DVD VOB.
    Unfortunately when I try to add the file VRO, it goes out me the error message : "This is an illegal video file. For DVD-Video you can only use the following video formats : MPEG-1 Video, MPEG-2 Video. TMPGCEnc DVD Author does NOT have MPEG enconding abilities. "
    Could someone help me ?
    I would like to buy Movie Factory 2 that I have read to make this conversion but Do you think that it could present the same problem or do you recommend it to me ?
    Thanks.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

You first need to use "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus"-or the new Express 3.0 (different than TMPGEnc DVD Author) to encode your VRO File into a compliant mpeg 1 or 2 file that TMPGEnc DVD Author will accept. TMPGEnc has "Wizards" that will help you accomplish the task. If TMPGEnc will not accept the VRO File directly, try renaming the file with a .VOB extention.
    Last edited by ormonde; 6 Jul 2004, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• digit
      • Jul 2004

Thanks ormonde.
      I will try !!

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Thanks ormonde.
        I will try !!"

Hope it works out.

Comment

• newdad03
          • Jul 2004

Similar problem: I want to make a viewable DVD from a .vro that my Sony Hanycam created in DVD-VR mode. I finalized the disc then copied it to my HD. There are also .inf, and .bup in the same DVD_RTAV folder.

Keep us posted! WHAT WORKS?

Comment

• rasczak
            • Jul 2002

You first need to use "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus"-or the new Express 3.0 (different than TMPGEnc DVD Author) to encode your VRO File into a compliant mpeg 1 or 2 file that TMPGEnc DVD Author will accept.
            Maybe I'm missing something but I've never needed to do that! I have the Panasonic HS2 and import my recordings into TMPG Encoder Author without problems. Infact I wrote this (very basic) guide on the subject:

digit's problem is probably because he needs to goto Functions/Setup and find the "Hybrid VBR Resolution" and set it to FIXED to prevent the VBR of the recorder changing resolutions during recording.

Comment

• ormonde
              Digital Video Explorer
              • Dec 2003

"Infact I wrote this (very basic) guide on the subject"

Nice guide, hopefully it will help "digit" in resolving his/her dilemma.

Comment

• Billy_Black
                • Mar 2004

A friend gave me a disc with Panasonic .VRO files, I thought all I did was rename to .VOB and then watch them in PowerDVD.

Comment

• ormonde
                  Digital Video Explorer
                  • Dec 2003

"I thought all I did was rename to .VOB and then watch them in PowerDVD"

I believe it was/is "digit's" intention to "Author" the VRO files to DVD hence his/her reference to using "TMPGEnc DVD Author".

Comment

• Billy_Black
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ormonde
                    .... " I believe it was/is "digit's" intention to "Author" the VRO files to DVD hence his/her reference to using "TMPGEnc DVD Author".
                    My point was that maybe simply renaming the VRO might make TMPGEnc accept it.

Comment

• rasczak
                      • Jul 2002

My point was that maybe simply renaming the VRO might make TMPGEnc accept it
                      There should be no need - the TMPG series are fully VR compliant and should import it without problems.

Likewise PowerDVD/WinDVD versions 4 and above should have no problems reading VRO files as is.

Comment

• Billy_Black
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by rasczak
                        There should be no need - the TMPG series are fully VR compliant and should import it without problems.

Likewise PowerDVD/WinDVD versions 4 and above should have no problems reading VRO files as is.
                        I have tried to use TMPGEnc DVD Author to convert VRO File, contained on a Panasonic DMR-HS2 DVD RAM to DVD VOB.
                        Unfortunately when I try to add the file VRO, it goes out me the error message : "This is an illegal video file. For DVD-Video you can only use the following video formats :
                        That was his original post... it did not.

Comment

• ormonde
                          Digital Video Explorer
                          • Dec 2003

To Billy_Black:

If you recall, in my first post to "digit", I did suggest that they change the extension from .VRO to .VOB to wit: "If TMPGEnc will not accept the VRO File directly, try renaming the file with a .VOB extension."
                          Last edited by ormonde; 21 Jul 2004, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Billy_Black
                            • Mar 2004

@ ormonde
                            Yes, I was just agreeing with that in my first post. My last post was directed to rasczak's 'as is' comment.

Comment

• newdad03
                              • Jul 2004

What worked for me was to copy the .vro, inf, and .bup to a 1.4GB disk using Sonic DLA from HD using DVD burner. Note: I had to use the "make compatable" tool. I then put that disk in the camera (Sony DVD DRC300) and connected the camera to the computer with USB cable and imported each of the scenes as .mpeg using the software that came w/ the camera (Pixela Imagemixer). Not the most efficient process, but at least I have the video now and can do something with it. It was video of my daughters 2nd trip to the beach and first visit to her cousins' house.

Comment

Working...