Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salis
    • Mar 2004

MP2 to AC3

I have aproblem here. Have a file size o 3.5 gig mpeg2 with audio AC3 and a small file of 50 MB mpeg2 with audio mp2. Both files are DVD complaint and TMPGenc DVD Author accepts seperately. But what I want to do is make one DVD with both files using TMPGenc DVD Author. As the audio format is different TDA will not accept both files together. Therefore how can I change the audio of small file from mp2 to AC3 without doing any change in the video section.
    Please help me
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"As the audio format is different TDA will not accept both files together. "

Load EACH of them into TMPGEnc DVD Author via "add new track"...

Comment

• Salis
      • Mar 2004

I tried that it gives the message that the audio format of previous trak is AC3 and the new track is mpeg 1 layer 2 and cannot.
      There is no way to convert mp2 to AC3 without changing the video

Comment

• Dimmer
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Salis
        I tried that it gives the message that the audio format of previous trak is AC3 and the new track is mpeg 1 layer 2 and cannot.
        There is no way to convert mp2 to AC3 without changing the video
        Click on the words "Add new track..." in the column on the left in order to add new track. Don't just add the second file to the same window as the first one.

By the way, it can convert MP2 to AC-3 if you buy AC-3 plug-in. In you case it doesn't make sense though.

Comment

• Salis
          • Mar 2004

Thanks Setarip and Dimmer, I am not sure I tried that way and will try. Now I am out of home on a tour and will be back next week and will try the method you mentioned.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks Setarip and Dimmer"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...