• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • junglebunny
    • May 2004

DVD Lab problem - I think

Hi there everyone.

I have a problem.

I captured my video to my PC with firewire with Studio 9. All was fine with no dropped frames.
    I then added transitions and rendered the video.
    I then converted the video to DVD compliant MPEG2 in TMPGEnc which created a .M2V and .WAV file.

I used DVD LAb to author my DVD with menus, backround music etc - nothing to hectic and then rendered the video ready to burn.

I burned it to a RW (wise move) and played it on my DVD player (stand alone) It played fine, but about half way it started jerking around. I stopped it, went to my main menu and selected the menu closest to where it started messing around and it was then fine.

What could cause this.

Also periodically, the video would flash blotcheson the screen.

The video didn't play well in my PC - it played as if my PC was a 486 - It is a XP2600+

Also the RW didn't play on my friends player. The video looked fine, but with no sound.

Are all these problems possibly related to DVD LAB or do you think it was the program used to burn it - I used Clone DVD.

Thanks

• setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

You have too many variables to readily determine the cause of your problems. Try each of the following SEPARATELY, to see if the problems disappear

1) Playback the DVDLab created DVD "package" from your hard drive
    2) Try using "TMPGEnc DVD Author" instead of DVDLab
    3) Use a different brand of media
    4) Use a different format of media
    5) Use a different burning program

Comment

• junglebunny
      • May 2004

Thanks Setarip

I have tried running from power DVD - not good at all.
      I have used that RW before and it was fine.
      What I tried yesterday was to use DVD author without any menus etc and burned it to the same RW and it seemed to be fine.
      I will now try with adding menus and other extras with DVD Author and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply and I will post my results for all to see.

Cheers

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the reply"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• junglebunny
          • May 2004

I have messed around with dvd author, can you have background music in your main menu like you can with DVD Lab?

I will try DVD Author tonight (I am at work now) with my "problem" video and post again tomorrow

Setarip, you are like a stealth bomber just cruising the forums helping out where you can - thanks a stack

Cheers

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"thanks a stack"

As always, my pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...