Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • norseman_68
    • Jul 2004

Audio out of sync on an original DVD

I have a couple of music DVD's where the audio is a little out of sync with the video. Is there an easy way of correcting this? I have ripped the discs to my hard drive, but can't find a program that does this in an easy way.

Thanks for any help!
  • podium
    • Jul 2005

Sorry for bringing up an old post but I am having the same issues as the original poster but with DVD movie "Ghost in the shell". There is a know problem with the DVD having a bad batch and I want to re-create the DVD to remove the half second audio lag. I have read most of the FAQ's but none quite really show away (or atleast en easy way) of solving the problem.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

i suggest magic dvd ripper to create an avi file and edit as needed.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"I want to re-create the DVD to remove the half second audio lag."

Since you want to retain the original DVD format, you might want to look into using "ReJig":

Download ReJig05e.zip free. File size 369KB. Direct download link.

Comment

• podium
          • Jul 2005

Rejig is exactly what I was looking for if I could get it work

I have ready the m2v and ac3 streams, I goto the Rejig DVD Author screeen, select the video and audio file, add 590ms to the audio delay box then click create and wait but the the audio is still out of sync. It does not make any difference what value I add to the delay box whether 590 -590 or 5000 the audio still remains bad.

Could anyone tell me what I may be doing wrong?

Comment

Working...