X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikesh
    • Apr 2004

Creating DVDs with VCD quality

hi all,

ok so i have some episodes as .avi s which would normally take 8 vcds to fit in. i now have a dvdrw drive so i want to put these on dvd instead. sure u say, just encode with tmpgenc and use other dvd authoring prog but change audio stream. but...
    tmpgenc isnt working on my pc. when i click start, whatever the source file is (ive tried same file on another pc works fine) it comes out with read error ocurred at blah blah. u get the picture.
    i know many ppl have had this problem but they have fixed it by changing directshow priority or souce file. neither works.
    i would like to know if there is a simple way to encode and burn all in one program, like i would with a vcd (nero, roxio) without encoding each file seperately and then transcoding audio then etc etc. i have loads of episodes and havent got time to focus on each one.

please help

thanks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"i would like to know if there is a simple way to encode and burn all in one program"

"DVDLab" allows you to input "SVCDs" directly for DVD output, but I'm not sure if this would be true for "VCDs".

"tmpgenc isnt working on my pc."

Are you referring to "TMPGEnc DVD Author"? (different than TMPGEnc) Have you tried uninstalling then reinstalling the program?

Comment

• rikesh
      • Apr 2004

1. dvdlab does work with vcds it even says on its website.
      2. no im referring to tmpgenc plus 2.5 and yes i have tried reinstall.

i just want a simple method with one prog, so i can go straight from 25 or so .avi s to 1 dvd!

Comment

Working...