Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wild Man
    • Nov 2003

Using tMPGEn DVD Author, video freezes between clips

I am using tMPGEn DVD Author 1.6 to create DVDs from my home movies. When I combine several clips together there is a brief (1 or 2 second) freeze between the clips when you watch the DVD. When I play the DVD on a standalone DVD player, both video and audio freeze. When I play it on my computer, the video freezes, but the audio continues seemlessly. After a second or two, the video cathces up.

Has anyone else seen this, and do you have any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks
    Wild Man
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

What video format are the clips in (i.e. mpeg; AVI ect...)?

Comment

• Wild Man
      • Nov 2003

Re: Using tMPGEn DVD Author, video freezes between clips

Originally posted by Wild Man
      I am using tMPGEn DVD Author 1.6 to create DVDs from my home movies. When I combine several clips together there is a brief (1 or 2 second) freeze between the clips when you watch the DVD. When I play the DVD on a standalone DVD player, both video and audio freeze. When I play it on my computer, the video freezes, but the audio continues seemlessly. After a second or two, the video cathces up.

Has anyone else seen this, and do you have any ideas on how to solve it?

Thanks
      Wild Man
      This is teh response i got from pegasys, the makers of tMPGen DVD Author:

This is caused of the stream break, it means that when play the video from one stream to the other stream, it requires the player to read the header information then it can playback this stream. the only way to resolve this trouble is re-encode all of your clip in to a same MPEG file with an unique stream. It might be possible by our newest product TMPGEnc MPEG Editor too. it use the SmartRendring Technology to re-encode only the join part, but in entire MPEG file, it will be an entire stream.

Best regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------
      Pegasys Inc.
      (Hifan Lim)
      Support Section
      --------------------------------------------------------------

So, it sounds like there is not much i can do about it. Can anyone recomend any other software that does what this program does, but does not have this issue?

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"Can anyone recomend any other software that does what this program does, but does not have this issue?"

Give "DVD Lab" a try.

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

You could combine the clips into one title. This would mean there won't be any pauses.

I personally use Womble's MPEG Wizard. I can create a new mpeg file made of clips without losing quality. I then import the mpeg into DVD Author.

Comment

Working...