Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oYo
    • Sep 2004

A program to video-edit DVD files

I captured using my TV card MPEG files in the format of DVD, but i saw that programs like adobe premiere an ulead video studio are having to trouble handlin g these kind of files. it lags while previewing them, a problem that makes it really difficult tast.
    TMPEG DVD AUTHOR is able to handle these files but the problem is that it cut them very roughly, and when you want to make short clip every second is important.
    is there any program that can video-edit dvd format files without problems?
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"is there any program that can video-edit dvd format files without problems?"

Take a look here:

TMPGEnc,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,video,DVD-Video,AVI,movie,movies,editor,edit

Comment

• de Witte
      DVD & Pink Floyd Fan
      • Jul 2004

you can also look at:
      DomainMarket.com sells premium domain names to entrepreneurs, businesses, and nonprofits that want to dominate their online marketplaces and control great brands.
      Klaas

P4 2.4GHz FSB533, 256MB mem, HD 80Gb ,RICOH MP5240 (DVD+),Win98se

Comment

• robguy
        • Jun 2003

Another tool for your consideration:

Comment

• fransk
          • Sep 2004

If you have Nero v6 to burn DVD's, take a look at Nero Vision Express.
          I'm not sure if it can cut at frame level, and it makes al lot of intermediate copies of video files, and I don't like it's limited DVD menu editing facilities. But it can read VOB files according the IFO structrure, and create a DVD again.
          I use it a lot to reorganise and archive tv recordings (made on DVD+VR disks with my DVD-recorder) to DVD.

Another way is to store Mpeg video with the I-frame interval set at 1 - this is effectively MJPEG: each frame is a complete frame. Premiere works as normal with these files.
          (to get some more compression and smaller files, you could set the I-interval to a small value like 5, depending on how ell it works in Premiere)

Comment

• oYo
            • Sep 2004

10x everybody.
            From a shot check of the 3 first programs i think Womble MPEG Video Wizard fits best to my needs. it looks like Premiere and was able to play and cut these files without lags and synch problems.
            TMpeg program is also nice but it let you work on each file seperately and you can't really see how it all connects.
            i didn't managed to understand editstudio, it didn't even played the files.
            fransk - i need to choose this parameter when i capture the videos? does premiere also have a variety of mpeg export features? because from what i've seen it's main idea is to work with AVIs and DV

Comment

• fransk
              • Sep 2004

fransk - i need to choose this parameter when i capture the videos? does premiere also have a variety of mpeg export features? because from what i've seen it's main idea is to work with AVIs and DV
              You first capture, and then make a copy of the whole video with the changed I-frame setting.
              But this is only relevant if you like to work with Premiere, because it takes more time, more actions, and more disk space.
              Premiere (v6) can create MPEG video in AVI files if you have a MPEG video codec - like DivX or XviD - but it is not so easy to set up.

If one sinlge program does the job, you can better stick with that.
              Here is another program that ( claims it ) can edit DVD at frame level: PowerDirector.

Comment

Working...