Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rawsy
    • Dec 2004

divx ac3 to dvd help

hi i have a prob with converting a divx ac3 5.1 vid to dvd. i have seperated the ac3 and fixed it with besliced and encoded the vid tmpgenc . the prob is the video is at least 4 seconds in front of the audio aswell as the video been 4 seconds shorter than the audio. i have cut 4 secs from audio still didnt work please help.....
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

I would like to point out the following is a quote from Setarip:

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"

Let us know of your success ;>}
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• sfheath
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Sep 2003

However, you might find the following routine, also Setarip's may have saved you some bother. . .

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

If it proves to be .AC3:

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items.. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
      (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")
      Last edited by sfheath; 18 Dec 2004, 12:25 AM.

Comment

• rawsy
        • Dec 2004

thanks for the quote . but reffuring to
        "B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match""
        origional file out of sync aswell i beleive
        changing the framerate of the video would only make the origional file out of sync aswell i beleive. also the frame rate would only get converted back to its origional rate again when converted to mpg2 . i have tried the other methods from looking on this forum and around the net thanks though if you have any other suggestions please post them

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

Your initial posting appears to indicate that there is a CONSTANT 4 second variance. If this is so, and if you still have the ORIGINAL .AVI file (BEFORE you cut off 4 seconds of video), please, using ONLY VirtualDubMOD (standard VirtualDub cannot process .AC3) use my Method A) as almost properly described by "sfheath"...

Comment

• rawsy
            • Dec 2004

i have used that method and the rate of sync loss increases as the film goes on. i had asumed it was 4 secs as the point of the film i was checking seemed to be that far out of sync and i assumed it had somthing to do with the fact the audio is four secs longer sorry for the misinformation . thanks for your post i hope you can help.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

1) Load the original (uncut) video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• rawsy
                • Dec 2004

720X352 29,970fps
                #of frames180747 time(1:40:30)
                fourcc:[dx50] unknown
                divxpro5.1.1
                #key frames 4410
                min/av/max/tot key frame size 2779/25224/124953(108624k)
                min/av/max/tot delta frame size 8/5687/135056(979438k)

audio
                samp rate 48000hz
                cahn 5(stereo)
                samp precision 0 bit
                tag ox2ooo, decodable unknown
                preload skew 28000 blocks/24000 samples(0.50s)
                # frames 180734
                min/av/max/tot key frame size 28/1868/28000 (329820k)

thanks for takeing a look

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

I can see no reason for the audio being either longer than the video or lagging behind the video.

I'd suggest that you (without any demuxing) try using TMPGEnc DIRECTLY on the ORIGINAL .AVI...

Comment

• rawsy
                    • Dec 2004

i have sorted it the prob was with the video encode.... for some reason when i encoded in mpeg2 thevideo lost some time?? i tried it with mpeg 1 and it worked first time (i wish i had tried that earlyer) there is one prob though. when encodeing with mpeg1 when i set the output to 16:9 the video comes out in 4:3 with black bars at the top and bottom?? would you happen to know what would cause this? thanks for all your help so far i hope you can help again please

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"thanks for all your help so far"

My pleasure ;>}

"when i set the output to 16:9 the video comes out in 4:3 with black bars at the top and bottom??"

Sounds like 16:9 to me...

Comment

• rawsy
                        • Dec 2004

i hope i arnt anoying you at this point but i just tried to auther my film and it is now out of sync gradualy through the film????? it is not like this in its file form????

Comment

• sfheath
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Sep 2003

I'm confused. You said earlier that your original file is out of sync?
                          It would be easier for us to suggest the remedy if we knew the exact situation

Comment

• rawsy
                            • Dec 2004

i wasnt very clear sorry. my origional file is in sync and i was having trouble encoding the vid and keeping sync. i seem to have sorted that. but when i try and auther useing tmpeg it goes out of sync again????????

Comment

Working...