X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • giglaeoplexis
    • Jan 2005

Authoring AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS

Hello,
    I have programs with which I'm able to author DVD Audio and DVD Video separately, which leaves me with complete AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders.
    I've tried using Toast to burn a DVD with both these folders on it, but the disc will only play in my computer. When I put it in standalone players, the players either do nothing or eject the disc.
    What may I use to author a proper DVD Audio/Video disc?
    I've seen some info about DVDShrink and DVD Decrypter. However the tutorials emphasize working with DVD Video...
  • sfheath
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Sep 2003

Hi, the VIDEO_TS folder on most, if not all commercial DVD's is empty. Apparently it was used for the very early DVD standard which has disappeared in the annals of time.

The mention of Toast would imply your an Apple user? I've no idea of cross-platform compatibility but on PC you need to get to an mpeg2 file combining sound and vision. TMPGEnc Plus is a popular application for this.

From there, TMPGEnc DVD Author, Nero and others are authoring applications that provide editing and menuing facilities for the construction of the VIDEO_TS folder to burn to media.

DVD Shrink is for compressing these structures or ISO images. DVD Shrink, itself, does not write to media,

DVD Decrypter is for ripping movies Shrink can't manage and then providing an ISO image to work with or write to media.

I hope this helps
    Last edited by sfheath; 14 Jan 2005, 05:58 AM.
    This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• Mig$y
      Retired
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sfheath
      Hi, the VIDEO_TS folder on most, if not all commercial DVD's is empty.
      sfheath - Don't you mean the Audio_TS folder buddy!

Comment

• giglaeoplexis
        • Jan 2005

thanks sfheath for the reply. i've already authored the video side in DVD Studio Pro and the Audio side in DiscWelder Bronze. And yes, I'm a Mac user. However, I have Virtual PC for times like these. I've looked and looked and it seems at this point the only real solution is to spend $3000-$6000 for Sonic Solutions or DiscWelder Chrome....OR have someone author the disc for me..

Comment

• sfheath
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Mig$y
          sfheath - Don't you mean the Audio_TS folder buddy!
          A 50/50 chance and I didn't even come close!
          Thank goodness I don't gamble!

giglaeoplexis, I really can't comment on what's available for the Apple. I outlined the above with the hope you might find something (Is there shareware for Apple?) that can comply with the current DVD standard.

.. and just to confirm: it's the AUDIO_TS folder that's empty!
          This isn't a learning curve ... this is b****y mountaineering!

Comment

• giglaeoplexis
            • Jan 2005

sfheath, there are the solutions that i mentioned in my previous reply. as i search deeper and deeper, i find that authoring and distributing DVD Audio is the provence of major record labels. it is very expensive and i believe that not many artists, independent or otherwise, are finding an audience for high def, multi-channel audio... thanks again for your repsonses..

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I have Virtual PC for times like these. I've looked and looked and it seems at this point the only real solution is to spend $3000-$6000 for Sonic Solutions or DiscWelder Chrome"

Assuming that your audiostreams and videostreams are DVD compliant, while in VirtualPC:

Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress...

By the way, DVD Shrink is freeware - and TMPGEnc DVD Author goes for $68, but you can use a FULLBLOWN free trial for 30 days before purchasing...
              Last edited by setarip; 14 Jan 2005, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• giglaeoplexis
                • Jan 2005

setarip, I am able to author DVD Audio discs in Discwelder Bronze and DVD Video Discs in DVD Studio Pro. I just want to combine them on one DVD. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll checkout 'TMPGEnc DVD Author'.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

"Thanks for the suggestion. I'll checkout 'TMPGEnc DVD Author'."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...