Some real problems with burning avi... (audio and video)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRI0N
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Dec 2004

Well if you encode something too large you can always open it with DVD Shrink to make it fit on a SL DVD+R.
    Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• eastmav
      • Jan 2005

Great. Just what I need. Another program to fumble through the dark in.

What are the people who just use Nero doing that is so different from the rest of us?

Comment

• TRI0N
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Dec 2004

Oh well you can use Nero Recode 2 that is apart of Nero 6 Suite. Its developed by the same person who made DVD Shrink.

It will encode any non-encrypted DVD that you can first rip to your hard drive with DVD Decrypter. Nero Recode will also burn to disk for you.

You can also look into this FAQ about DVD Shrink vs. Nero Recode 2.

Cheers!

TRI0N

Comment

• eastmav
          • Jan 2005

My cup runneth over TRION, however, I'm still looking for a way to streamline the encoding and downloading.

I'm trying one more time with tmpgenc to burn something according to the settings it wants to allot me from the Wizard. So I'm going to try my own setting on Resolution (720 by 340 oughta do it for my first try, even though the settings on the file reads 720 by 304).

Regardless of any progress I've made, I still have no real idea how I've gotten here, especially since the last time I tried to encode a film all I got was picture while the audio played back as nothing instead of just out of sync.

Guys, I'm really messed up here.

Comment

• antares
            • Dec 2004

I have a different problem

I tried and tried to convert my avi files to Mpeg but the tmpgenc does not acept my files it say cannot open or unsopported
            if you would help me please

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To antares

Your question is unrelated to this thread.

You should re-post your question as a "New thread"...

Comment

• eastmav
                • Jan 2005

Sadly, I think I am finally going to capitulate on the WinDVD issue... There are so many ghosts keeping it from working, I don't think I'll ever get going the way it should.

I'm downloading a trial version of nero directly from the website, and see if I can make that work... as far as I know the only reall problem it has is that the discs it burns aren't readble by my player, and that's a problem I'm willing to contend with.

Thanks for your help setarip, I'm sure I'll be posting to find you again real soon...

There's gotta be an easier way.

Comment

Working...