Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qball75227
    • Jul 2004

Still no audio in menu using TMPGEnc DVD Author

I still don't understand how you allow your motion menu created in TMPGEnc DVD AUthor to have audio music. I understand that the audio of your video file must be in MPEG-1 or Linear PCM and not ac3.

So I have this single video file I use to test it out. It's a single music video file. It is a mpeg file and its audio file has the same file name and type (mpeg as well). I add this file to my track and the output still does not produce a menu with audio. The video itself plays perfect with sound. Could somebody tell me what I am doing wrong. I am determine this time to get it right. Please give me any suggestion. Thank you.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Perhaps a silly question but, have you put a checkmark next to "Use audio of the background video as the menu "BGM"?

Comment

• dvdbackuper
      • Jan 2005

Help avi2dvd+subs streams?

[Hi there! I need to know : if I use WinXP as a fact, instead of IFOedit(no run under it), is there anything else to join video, audio, subs in DVD format? and I was using avi2DVD that do it all but can figure how use the outcome of this! I still need to join the subs! how?
      guides allowed!! Thx a lot

Comment

• qball75227
        • Jul 2004

Thanks for the response setarip. Yes I have checked the box for "audio bgm" and it is still not working.

Comment

• dvdbackuper
          • Jan 2005

Try installing TMPG Sound Ac3-Dolby!!!!!!!!!!Salu2

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by dvdbackuper
            Try installing TMPG Sound Ac3-Dolby!!!!!!!!!!Salu2
            If you mean the AC3 plugin. DVD Author only needs the plugin to hear the sound when using the software. The AC3 sound should be present on the output.

Comment

• qball75227
              • Jul 2004

Ok... I am pretty sure I have a compatible sound file, but idthere a program i can use to check what type of audio file is associated with the music video? Just want to be extra sure that it is indeed a compatible file before I proceed.

I will then go over each step I take to create this menu. Hopefully if I do this in detail, you guys may be able to point out exactly what I am doing wrong.

But for now I just need to know if I have the appropriate audio file for bgm audio. Please advise on how I do this. Thank you for all your reponses.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Use TMPGEnc to demultiplex the file, as follows:

TMPGEnc>>File>>MPEGTools>>Simple Demultiplex

This will separate the audio from the video - and indicate the file format of the audio (by the three letter extender)...

Comment

• qball75227
                  • Jul 2004

Yes!!Finally!!

I did it!! I got it to work. Apparently, it was an error on my part. I didn't know that you can click on the background and add the mpeg file. All this time I thought it was for the actual track itself it was referring to.

Anyway, I am very very happy about solving this. It's a pretty cool feeling...like your first successful burn or something. Thank you all for responding and for helping me find my way.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

Comment

Working...