Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulc9
    • Nov 2004

Menus & Scene Selection Ne help plz...

Hey everyone newbie here!! Wana say hi firstly and seems a great community here! I think this is in the correct area! Anyway -

My problem is, i am having a few problems with copying dvds and its doing my head in!

1) Creating dvd menus and scene selection from a avi, mpeg, files? What why around do you do it convert to dvd files 1st or is there one program to do it all? If so how!

2) Lastly say for example i have 6 episodes of something and i want to convert them to dvd with menus and scene selection how would i do this and what software would be required.

I have been trying to figure it out for ages on my own, with no luck...so was wondering if any clever people could help me lol! Thanks for your time

Regards
    Paul
    Glory Glory Man United!!!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
    (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• reboot
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Apr 2004

WinDVD Creator 2. Not the best solution, but good for a noob.
      Better would be as described above.
      Even better would be Canopus Procoder for #1 above, and DVDLab (or Pro) for #2 (as mentioned).
      My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• bulc9
        • Nov 2004

cheers, ill check them out as well, i have figured it out now. Thanks for your help
        Glory Glory Man United!!!

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your help"

My (Our) pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...