• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobt47
    • Feb 2005

VRO files

Hello
    Can anybody out there help !
    I am making recordings on a Pioneer DVD-RW recorder but am having trouble authoring the resultant VRO files. The program I use is TMPG DVD Author but it wont recognise or open the VRO files. This program worked fine using my older Philips DVD+RW machine !
    I would like to carry on using TMPG because I think its a great program - Does anybody know how I can convert the VRO files to DVD VOB.
    Thank You in advance
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

What is the error message?

Are you getting the problem when you click on "Add DVD Video" and go to the DVD drive?

You could try copying the VRO to the hard disk and then rename it from VRO to MPG. The, use "Add File" instead of "Add DVD Video".

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To bobt47

As you know from your previous experience, "TMPGEnc DVD Author" is fully capable of processing .VRO files - so I would speculate that the medium you used with your Pioneer is physically flawed.

As "nwg" asks, what is the EXACT error message generated by "TMPGEnc DVD Author"?

Have you successfully PLAYED the Pioneer-burned medium?

Comment

• bobt47
        • Feb 2005

thanks guys for your prompt replies !
        nwg - yes I get the error when looking at the disc - But how do I rename the file because I can rename it but it still has the VRO extension ????
        setarip - I only have the one stand alone DVD so it plays in the Pioneer - It also plays fine using Cyberlink DVD player on the PC - The errror message says the file VIDEO_TS_IFO cant be opened -It does this whether I am looking at the disc or if I copy it to the hard drive !
        Thanx

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

To rename the file you need to show the file extension and rename that.

Select folder options from the Tools menu in "My Computer". The select view and untick "hide file extensions of known file types".

You don't need the video_ts.ifo unless the recording has been edited on the Pioneer (it stores all the edits). You can just copy the VRO file over to the hard disk and use "add file".

Comment

• bobt47
            • Feb 2005

Thats worked perfectly - Thanx

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

Glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma!

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by bobt47
                Thats worked perfectly - Thanx
                Good.

Comment

Working...