X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jethro5
    • Mar 2002

Problems with DVD+RW

Ok here goes.
    I picked up a philips dvdrw208 and installed without issue.
    My problem lies in making video content dvds. I have used both Sonic MYDVD and Ulead DVD Movie factory to author, and both to write the disc. I have also tried having both author to disk and use nero to burn using the settings listed under the howto on www.vcdhelp.com . No matter what i do, the final disc can only be read on the philips writer and on my creative encore dvd player. I have a JVC XV-S65GD set top as well as an xbox and ps2. None will read the disk, according to the compatibilty list they all should.

I have tried both the phillips dvd+rw disk that came in the box as well as a fuji dvd+rw disk i borrowed from a friend. Is the media the issue here or can anyone think of something i am missing?????

thanx
  • jbrice
    • Mar 2002

I saw this posted on VCDHelp.com Forum:

This is a great unit, and much more compatible than most of the units (Sony, RCA, Panasonic) my friends have. An important clarification, as some other posts are incorrectly reporting DVD-RW and DVD+RW problems: this unit DOES play them. I found out the hard way, though, that although Verbatim DVD-RW works perfectly, Memorex DVD-RW does not. Before I bought my Pioneer A03 computer DVD-RW burner, I made the unwise decision to get the HP dvdi100 (I think that's the model #) DVD+RW. Don't believe the hype! This is a terrible format! An HP or TDK DVD+RW WILL play in this unit, but not if you had the disc sitting in it, then powered on. You might have to eject, and have it re-read. I may take up to 2mins to get a read, but with a Videostudio5 DVD Plug-in burn, you CAN do it. Blame the God-awful format; not the player!

Comment

Working...