Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulc9
    • Nov 2004

Audio ahead of video problems...

Yesterday i thought i had cracked it, which i did! But now i have another new problem!

I have several files avi format, i put them each individually through dvd santa to convert them to dvd files ready for dvd.

But when i test them on Power DVD, to see if they converted propally and they work okay. I found that when the video starts, the audio is well ahead of the video and not in sync with eachother!

So now i have this i havent got a clue on how to get around this. This files are between 70MB and 150MB in avi format and last around 21mins.

It just seems to be problem after problem, and im really stuck! Any help, info or other programs to use would be of great help!!

Cheers once again

Paul
    Glory Glory Man United!!!
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

I am not familiar with DVD Santa.

Alternatively, you could try this method:

Quoted By: "setarip"

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined file size of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode - Tutorial Located here on how to do this: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...453#post221453

TMPGEnc- <A HREF="http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html"><FONT COLOR="00CC99"> Click Here To Download TMPGEnc</A></FONT>

TMPGEnc DVD Author- <A HREF="http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html"><FONT COLOR="3399FF"> Click Here To Download A Trial Version of TMPGEnc DVD Author</A></FONT>

Comment

• bulc9
      • Nov 2004

cheers mate, im in the process of trying that now. I dont know how people rate dvd santa but it seems to go wrong all the time!

I have got the programs listed above, i will let you know how i get on! Cheers mate

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Good luck bulc9, let us know if we can be of any assistance!

Comment

• bulc9
          • Nov 2004

cheers, yeah it worked fine!!! no probs at all, long process tho but worth it!

Cheers for all you help!

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

"Cheers for all you help!"
            Glad you got it to work successfully! It was my pleasure!

Comment

• selacosta
              • Mar 2005

Yes i am having the same problem i have Super DVD Creator 8.0, with Nero 5.5, and don't know what to do? PLease help????? Also is it regular to burn a DVD for an 1hr:45 min? I have a DVD-RW external drive connected to my HP 771N and since it is hi-speed 2.0 hub i guess my pc is slower like 1.1 hub, what should i do to make it go faster?

Thank youu

Comment

• tigerman8u
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Aug 2003

The procedure "jmet" mentioned seems to be about as good as any. I use Mainconcept to encode, because it is much faster on my machine.
                What speed of blank media are you using? Even at 1x it should only take app. 55 minutes to burn a full dvd.
                Check in "device manager to see if dma is enabled or if it's set to pio mode.

Comment

Working...