X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bulc9
    • Nov 2004

Spliting video up into sections?..

Just wondering how to do this,

I have a file and there are 4 different scenes in the one file, for me to make menus and scene selection it would be best to split that file up into the 4 different sections as seperate files so then i can do the scene selection etc?

Just wondering how i would do this and what program i should use?

Easy question for advanced users like urselfs but im thick

Cheers.
    Paul
    Glory Glory Man United!!!
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

What format is the "file" in? .avi ? .vob? .mpeg? Other?

Comment

• bulc9
      • Nov 2004

its in avi. at the moment, but will be converting to dvd .vob format and go from there,

Or any other ways u would recomend that are better?

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

If it's avi use Virtualdub (or one of it's mod"s). I use Virtualdub mpeg2. You posted in the "dvd authoring" forum so I'm gone to state you're authoring program should allow you to do this. Tmpgenc dvd Author will allow you to choose motion menus from within the video. You can choose how long you want it to play etc.

Comment

• bulc9
          • Nov 2004

I know i mite sound daft buty what does this mean "(or one of it's mod"s)"

Yeah its avi file, so i use that program to break it down into 4 seperate avi files then run it through Tmpgenc, then use the dvd author to do the menus and that!

Im ok with the Tmpgenc, i know how to use this, just couldnt find out how to seperate the file into various sections!

Cheers

Comment

• bulc9
            • Nov 2004

I know i mite sound daft buty what does this mean "(or one of it's mod"s)"

Yeah its avi file, so i use that program to break it down into 4 seperate avi files then run it through Tmpgenc, then use the dvd author to do the menus and that!

Im ok with the Tmpgenc, i know how to use this, just couldnt find out how to seperate the file into various sections!

Cheers

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"just couldnt find out how to seperate the file into various sections!"

DON'T do this until you are at the stage of using "TMPGEnc DVD Author". At that point, you can easily set these "scenes" up as separate CHAPTERS...

Comment

• bulc9
                • Nov 2004

so i only seperate the sections when its converted into dvd format? So when i open TMPGEnc DVD Author, i create new project and add the dvd files or the files .m2v that were converted from TMPGEnc Plus?

Which way would be best to do convert to dvd 1st or use the .m2v file? For sperating the video?

Cheers

Comment

Working...