Converting 2 part dvd into 1 (chapter problems)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JK0201
    • Feb 2005

Converting 2 part dvd into 1 (chapter problems)

One of our movies was copied onto 2 seperate dvds. I figured out how to combine them into one using dvd shrink. The only problem is that when I play the movie back, the chapters go from 1 to 17 and then start over at 1 once it reaches the merging point. Therefore you cannot rewind the movie after that past the "2nd" chapter 1 mark. Any clue on how to change the chapter numbers to list and work correctly? Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by JK0201; 7 Mar 2005, 01:02 AM.
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

"Any clue on how to change the chapter numbers to list and work correctly?"

Try using an "Authoring" program such as "TMPGEnc DVD Author" or "DVD Lab" instead of Shrink for this purpose.

Comment

• JK0201
      • Feb 2005

Thanks for guiding me in the right direction. I did acquire DvdLab like you suggested. I have been trying for two days to figure out how to use it with no success. I keep running into format problems and am not sure what to do. Please help if possible. Thanks again.

Comment

• ormonde
        Digital Video Explorer
        • Dec 2003

"I keep running into format problems"

Are you saying that DVD Lab does not accept your DVD-related files?

Comment

• JK0201
          • Feb 2005

My mistake, I have been trying to use so many different programs that I got them confused. The problem I had with it was basically that I could not figure out what to do with it. The DvdLab Pro program is the one that I could not find a guide for. It had so many options and I have not used it before, that I was totally lost. Do you know where I could find a guide for it. Their "help" section gave me no guidance. All I want to do is to combine the two dvds with chapters in sequence. I apologize for my lack of knowledge on this subject.

Comment

• ormonde
            Digital Video Explorer
            • Dec 2003

"Do you know where I could find a guide for it."

Go here (courtesy of "reboot"):

Last edited by ormonde; 9 Mar 2005, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...