Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marceggers
    • Jul 2004

DVD onto a CD?

I have a video that I want to send out to family and friends (about 30 copies needed) that is 5:45 in length. It sits on my hard drive in the .avi format and is 1.22 GB in size. I have used Ulead Movie Factory 2 to convert it and burn it onto a DVD-R disc where it compresses down into 191MB on the DVD disc.
    My question is this: is it possible to burn the video onto a less expensive CD and not waste all that space on the more costly DVD-R? I want it to play in everyone's DVD player like the DVD-R would because not all the recipients have computers, and I want to maintain the DVD image quality of the 720 X 480 picture. Thanks.
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

It is possible to have DVD material on a CD. It is called a "MiniDVD". However, not many players will play them.

Nero Burning ROM 6 does MiniDVD.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

"I have a video that I want to send out to family and friends (about 30 copies needed) that is 5:45 in length. It sits on my hard drive in the .avi format and is 1.22 GB in size."

It's obviously an UNcompressed .AVI. Although there are many such programs available, you can use "TMPGEnc" (Different than "TMPGEnc DVD Author") to create an MPEG-1 Video-CD that will EASILY fit onto a single CD.

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• kontrast
        • Dec 2004

my recomandation is to convert it in svcd. you cand do this wit many software but in the first you must separate in 40min part becouse this time you can put on normal cd of 700mb. I use for this ulead video studio. you can put title texts, efects, etc ..

Comment

Working...