Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phillyaj
    • Jun 2005

VIDEO_TS problem..Menu????HELP!!!!

Hi, I'm new to the forum and did some searching but this is a strange problem.

My Wife uses this application called MemoriesonTV to create video slideshows. It creates DVD's in standard format (Audio_TS & Video_TS). Well, It seems that it must do something 'funky' with the VIDEO_TS.IFO. When we created the latest compulation, we noticed it wouldn't play on certain players. I figured I would try to use DVD Shrink, and re-burn the files. DVD Shrink complains with error "Invalid Navigation Structure".

The structure of the VIDEO_TS directory looks like this;

VIDEO_TS.BUP ....50KB
    VIDEO_TS.IFO ......50KB
    VIDEO_TS.VOB......36,860KB
    VTS_01_0.BUP......14KB
    VTS_01_0.IFO.......14KB
    VTS_01_1.VOB......131.854KB
    VTS_02_0.BUP.......14KB
    VTS_02_0.IFO........14KB
    VTS_02_1.VOB........95,666KB
    ...... Continues to VTS_26.

I think the program isn't creating totally accurate menu structures.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE point me in the right direction....

Thanks in advance
    Andy
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"When we created the latest compulation, we noticed it wouldn't play on certain players."

If it's only "certain players" that won't playback the burned DVD, it's very likely a simple matter of media incompatibility.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

Comment

• phillyaj
      • Jun 2005

Thanks...but No. I thought of that...and when I burn a regular movie (in this case JAWS) onto the same media, it works just fine.

Comment

Working...