Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the original .AVI video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

yes please show us the file info as outlined above...
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Keaton231
        • Mar 2005

There is the information for the file.
        DVD Decrypter DVD Shrink ffmpegGUI BeSweet TMPGEnc TMPGEnc DVD Author
        Muxman VirtualDub VirtualDubMod Cucusoft Video Converter Rad Video Tools
        WinAVI Video Converter Windows Movie Maker

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

lol that's a nice screenshot. hold alt button while pressing print screen next time and you'll only get the top window.

ok anyway the file should be fine. i encode similar files all the time.
          i'm sure this is the answer: at the very first screen of the encoding wizard in tmpgenc plus, for audio select "CBR MPEG-1 layer II audio mp2". you must have it on PCM. try it, let us know.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Keaton231
            • Mar 2005

Alright I will do that. Oh and thanks a lot for helping me out.
            DVD Decrypter DVD Shrink ffmpegGUI BeSweet TMPGEnc TMPGEnc DVD Author
            Muxman VirtualDub VirtualDubMod Cucusoft Video Converter Rad Video Tools
            WinAVI Video Converter Windows Movie Maker

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

"Oh and thanks a lot for helping me out."

glad to help....
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Your .AVI contains an .AC3 audiostream.

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

i suggest always leaving directshow at that setting. though, tmpgenc already is encoding the file....

and this does not work for me after upgrading to xp sp2...but may not be the case for everyone. i always have to convert the ac3 first...
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...