Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meoff
    • May 2005

Editing Question of a TV series

I would have rather my first couple of posts been more on the helpful side but it I've hit a wall with this problem. I've been doing more reading and researching than posting since I joined a couple of months ago. The search feature is DEFINITELY my friend.

My question pertains to "The Simpsons" series sets. I wanted to back up my collection, since they're not cheap to begin with. I'd rather just backup the shows and discard the extras and menus, so like the rest of my backups Shrink will do. But one thing I noticed is that in some of the Simpsons sets of say 3 disc's, the first two disc's capacity is completely used where the third disc is only an episode or two, leaving a lot of free space.

So I was wondering what I could do to distribute the episodes more evenly across the DVD+R's so as too get the least compression? Or is this more work then benefit.

I have several TV and HBO series on DVD I'd like to back up that are in that same setup.

Thanks for past help and any future help.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello,
    If you want to combine the episodes you would have to rip the video to a file on our hard drive for more then one disc then re-author and select the episodes that you want to burn on a disc. By doing that through you will loose the extras.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

you may find this link useful.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Or is this more work then benefit."

Probably...

Comment

• Meoff
          • May 2005

Photo Angel2004, thanks for the link, very helpful. I was definitely over complicating this.

"Probably..."
          Not much now that I've done it once. This helps with more even distibution of video onto the disks, and hasn't added to the quantity of disks in the set.

Again thanks for the quick help.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

You are welcome.

Comment

Working...