Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eliezer
    • Aug 2005

Burnt DVD was playable on my DVD player, the 2nd one - not

I had my 80 min movie burnt using DVDit LE after encoding it in MPEG-2 with Adobe Encoder 1.2. I used DVD-R discs of CompUSA (this really tells nothing about a manufacturer), and I made several copies, all playable on my Toshiba DVD player. However, when I run out of these disks and bought Memorex DVD-R disks, I tried to make a copy of the same movie doing everything exactly as I had done before. The resulting disk is playable on my computer, but the DVD player gives message: "Disk error." Any ideas?

Thank you.
    Eliezer Rabinovich
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

what speed did you burn it at?
    hmmm, my toshiba loves those memorex you speak of. but i suppose yours does not. heres a link to find media for your player.

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2003

as columbo stated media incompatibility. although memorex has been great to me

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

tig, i think me and you are the only ones who support memorex and have nothing but success with it.....
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...