Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • strahd2004
    • Nov 2004

Mpeg4

I have alot of video that was encoded in MPEG4 (some are .avi and some are dvix) my problem is Nero gives me an error saying that it does not support MPEG4 even though I have the latest version and it is ultra. Nero tech help does not know what the problem is. I tried to use Pinnacle Studio Plus 9.3 and it wants me to pay more money to work with these files. Does anyone recomend n authoring software that will work with MPEG4 without all this hassle?

thank you
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

sounds like a codec problem> use avicodec or Gspot (both free) and load the avi. either will tell you if the necessary codec/s are installed on your system.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

if it was me i'd convert the files with tmpgenc, then author them and burn with nero seperately. no suprise tech help, can't help....
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• strahd2004
        • Nov 2004

i do believe i have all the correct codecs because they play fine on my machine and when i use avicodec to check audio and video types they are all supported on my pc. i have never used tmpgenc before is it hard to use and will it keep pretty good quality. i do agree it would seem easiest to convert rather than try and find a program that will work with having to purchase new content all the time.
        thank you for your help

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

VERY good quality and it fairly easy to use, if you need help with it, i'd be more than willing
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• ashes
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Aug 2005

Hi!

I saw this posted in some other threads

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
            (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• strahd2004
              • Nov 2004

thanks for the help columbo999 and ashes i will give tmpgenc a try and if i do need some help i will ask. if all goes well i will let you know the results. do you guys recommend any particular dvd authoring software?

thanks again

Comment

• ashes
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • Aug 2005

Try TMPGEnc DVD Author. You can get a 100% functional free 30 day trial version of this program (it's NOT freeware) from

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

"thanks for the help columbo999 "

glad to help, follow ashes advice for authoring---it's what i use and is a very good program(easy to use too)
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...