Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • southrngntlmn
    • Jul 2005

questions using Virtualdub

hi there. I hope this is in the right forum. I have used virtualdub before to combine 2 avi files together with no problems. Now, I have 3 avi files i need to combine. I thought i did it right as they combined properly but when i play them back the audio is off a bit. (lip syncing). i would like to know 1. how exactly do you join 3 avi files together using Virtualdub. 2. how can i fix the (lip syncing) problem???

thanks all
  • ashes
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Aug 2005

Hi!

I saw the following post in another thread

A) If the difference between audio and video is constant throughout the video:

Load the file into VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod, or NanDub.
    Set BOTH "Video"(VirtualDub, VirtualDubMod and NanDub) and "Audio" (VirtualDub and NanDub - VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list") to "Direct Stream Copy".
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Interleaving" (For VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Interleaving")
    Under "Audio skew correction", set an appropriate number of milleseconds (positive or negative) in the box labelled "Delay audio track by"
    Save with a new filename

B) If the difference increases as the movie plays:

From under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Framerate" - and select "Change so video and audio durations match"
    Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• southrngntlmn
      • Jul 2005

thanks for the heads-up! i'm trying that right now....BTW> does anyone know how to make these 3 avi files into one using virtualdub? is it the same tech as for combining 2?

Comment

• ashes
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Aug 2005

does anyone know how to make these 3 avi files into one using virtualdub? is it the same tech as for combining 2?
        It should be the same procedure, just add the third after you've added the second - without closing VirtualDub.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

Assuming the two .AVIs are IDENTICAL regarding ALL aspects of video and audio, you should find that:

Joining two or three .AVIs can be accomplished in VirtualDub (or any of its variants) by simply:

1) Loading the first file and then, from the "File" dropdown menu selecting "Append .AVI segment" and loading the second file, then 3rd.

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Save with a new filename
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

I love Virtualdub (I use Vdub mpeg2). I have tried a program called "FileMerger" which works really well. What's nice about it is it will combine avi's and mpeg's

Comment

Working...