X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyrano
    • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by atifsh
    yes get the newer and better videostudio 9
    Thanks, atifish. The Videostudio 6 (SE) came free with my firewire card. So the newer Videostudio has the (better) straight crossfades?
    - Mike

Comment

• atifsh
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2003

there r many many transitions/effects, im not sure which one u want but there r many and they work fine.
      Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• AlienX69
        Interstellar Traveler
        • Feb 2005

Well since this topic was resurrected, I would like to know if anyone has a Mini-DVD camcorder ?

I recently purchased the Sony DCR-DVD403, which does 16:9 and 5.1 audio. Now I would like a tool where I don't lose either the 16:9 or the 5.1 and be able to join not only the video, but alos pull in the stills and make a slide show with transitions and put all on one 4.7 disc using one prog.

I've seen discussions of Pinicale Studio 10, Adobe Premiere Elements, Cyberlink Power Director, but the first two were said to be memory hogs and crashers. Anyone have any experience here with Mini-DVD to 4.7 discs editing/conversion and any of the progs I listed ?

AX

Comment

• cyrano
          • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by atifsh
          there r many many transitions/effects, im not sure which one u want but there r many and they work fine.
          Thanks again, atifish.
          The specific transitions I wanted are explained in my first post but it's hard for me to describe a visual effect in words. The videostudio 6 has A LOT of neat transitions. But it doesn't have the main one I want which is a straight crossfade from one scene to another. I want a good, clean scene to scene crossfade (not fadeout to black and fadein from black, but that's nice to have as well). One scene fades out as the other fades in. Probably the simplest and most straight forward of all transitions. It's also the one that viewers of my edited videos say works the best. It is subtle, not at all flashy. Not that there's anything wrong with flashy. For me flashy is like an exclamation point, rarely used but grabs attention when it is.

I'd hate to pay $80 for something ($50 right now with a $30 rebate AND free shipping at Amazon) only to find out it doesn't do what I need. The demo is 143 megs to download and where I live the phone lines are 26400. Nothing faster here yet.
          And the demo costs $9 through the mail. Not a lot, I admit. But if I can find out more info about this prog I'll just buy it. I'll look at the website again. The transitions weren't specified as I recall.

Thanks for any help.
          Last edited by cyrano; 11 Jan 2006, 04:54 PM.
          - Mike

Comment

• Jason B
            • Sep 2005

I still can't find a program to do what I want.

For ex, I usually have two mpegs, part 1 and part 2 from a movie, that need to be joined and made to work on a home DVD player.

or

2 avi files, part 1 and part 2 fom a movie that need to be joined and made to play on a home dvd player.

Can nero do this? I just want to use ONE PROGRAM to do this. I still can't find a program to do what I want.

For ex, I usually have two mpegs, part 1 and part 2 from a movie, that need to be joined and made to work on a home DVD player.

or

2 avi files, part 1 and part 2 fom a movie that need to be joined and made to play on a home dvd player.

Can nero do this? I just want to use ONE PROGRAM to do this.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
              NOT an online superstore
              • Oct 2005

Yes, Nero can do this. So can Ulead DVD Studo. Both you can get free trials. Ulead's trial is pretty big, around 100 megs, but it is sure worth it. Nero is smaller I think, and yes it can do that.
              CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
              Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
              My DVD Collection

Comment

• Jason B
                • Sep 2005

I have the full nero version. It can convert the files and burn them to dvd and it will play on home dvd player? Can you tell me the steps to do this?

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

Open Nero SmartStart. Then go to the Video tab and say "Make new DVD-Video". Then, click on Make Movie, and then put the two files in there. And it should add them to the project. Then just go through the wizard and burn the disc. I have never done this so I don't have a step by step but that is what you do.
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• Jason B
                    • Sep 2005

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                    Open Nero SmartStart. Then go to the Video tab and say "Make new DVD-Video". Then, click on Make Movie, and then put the two files in there. And it should add them to the project. Then just go through the wizard and burn the disc. I have never done this so I don't have a step by step but that is what you do.
                    If doesn't give me the "Make new dvd-video" option. What version do you have? I have Nero 6

Comment

• atifsh
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2003

Originally Posted by cyrano
                      One scene fades out as the other fades in. Probably the simplest and most straight forward of all transitions.
                      Thanks for any help.
                      yes video studio 9 has cross fade....
                      exact path would be..... Trasitioons --> F/X --> Crossfade

cant say bout the trial version but my full version does have this.....

Comment

• atifsh
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2003

Originally Posted by AlienX69
                        Well since this topic was resurrected, I would like to know if anyone has a Mini-DVD camcorder ?

I recently purchased the Sony DCR-DVD403, which does 16:9 and 5.1 audio. Now I would like a tool where I don't lose either the 16:9 or the 5.1 and be able to join not only the video, but alos pull in the stills and make a slide show with transitions and put all on one 4.7 disc using one prog.

I've seen discussions of Pinicale Studio 10, Adobe Premiere Elements, Cyberlink Power Director, but the first two were said to be memory hogs and crashers. Anyone have any experience here with Mini-DVD to 4.7 discs editing/conversion and any of the progs I listed ?

AX
                        Yes get video studio 9, or if u can get dvd workshop 2 [expensive]
                        they will retain ur orignals and just add what u want to get final product.
                        pinnacle studio is still buggy, i hate it wasted my money.

Comment

• atifsh
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2003

Originally Posted by Jason B
                          I still can't find a program to do what I want.

or

hmm tough one lets see.......Tmpgenc, video studio, power director, main concept mpeg encoder and many more can do it

i say get Tmpgenc Express and add ur files, pick dvd frm the templete and get ur work done....

still have problems do ask again....

Comment

• Jason B
                            • Sep 2005

Drf, check your pm. I would love to get this to work with NERO only.

Comment

• jmet
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2002

VirtualDubMod can join (append) 2 avi files together if both avi files contain the same info (info = aspect ratio, etc.)

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                                NOT an online superstore
                                • Oct 2005

Yeah but he wants to burn them to DVD also. Nero is an all-in-one.
                                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                                Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...