X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Mainconcept Advanced Settings

Does someone know/Explain/provide a link for Mainconcept MPEG Encoder "Advanced Video settings" and "Additional settings" in detail. I have already gone through the help file but I need to understand how the settings can be of advantage/disadvantage if you try to tweak them for the encoded video and what would it eventauly result in if you increase/decrease their values internms of Quality and file size.
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

you can d/l a .pdf manual from mainconcept's website. I glanced at it and it does go into detail on the advanced settings

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Yes, but it only gives the description of the properties, but does not tell the way it has to be used and its effects on the encoder and therefore most of it goes above my head in terms of its usage( and thats where I am asking for help, a guide etc).
      Last edited by techreactor; 12 Sep 2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

sorry that's the only guide I know of. Have you tried a google search ?

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

IMO the advanced settings in mainconcept aren't really going to make much of a difference to quality, but will likely just increase the encoding time. mpeg-2 has very poor compression (especially when compared to something like mpeg-4/avc), and any quality gain you may notice is not worth it...

but since mainconcept does not seem to have any explanation for the options, you may want to try, searching for unofficial guides through google, which usually have small explanations of certain options...
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...