X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaden
    • Sep 2005

Convert PAL DVD to NTSC

Hi,
    I want to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC using the classic way by encoding. I tried to use VSO DivxtoDVD and it turned out doubling the size of the DVD from DVD-5 to DVD-9 even though it was in NTSC format. The same thing when I used Canopus Precoder. Is there any to encode PAL to NTSC without changing the size of the DVD (Beside the patch method using Ifoedit)? Is DVD Shrink able to do that? Please help me out. Thanks.

Edit: Sorry for posting in wrong section, plz move it for me.
    Last edited by jaden; 22 Sep 2005, 07:52 AM.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

DVD Shrink cannot convert "PAL" to "NTSC". Your simplest, best bet would be to buy a DVD player that plays both formats. More times than none, even if you are successful in converting PAL to NTSC, it will yield very poor results.

Comment

• jaden
      • Sep 2005

Thanks, I have a multi-region DVD player myself but not all of people I know do. I argee that converting will have very poor result, most of the time. However, the result when I use VSO DivxtoDVD was pretty good, it's just doubled the size and there comes my question.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

Learn how to convert NTSC files to PAL format and vice-versa here: http://www.videohelp.com/guides.php?...or+List+Guides

Comment

• atifsh
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2003

this one workd for me everytime i needed till my sister got new home theater.
          - import dvd in video studio
          - auther using NTSC profiles.
          - burn either nero / or builtin burner VS.
          Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

" it turned out doubling the size of the DVD from DVD-5 to DVD-9 "
            if the original dvd is a d-5 this should not happen. you could use dvdshrink to compress the output and see if that is satisfactory. Something has to be wrong with the settings in VSO to make the output that much larger.

Comment

• swraman
              • Aug 2005

you can use DivXtoDVD to convert the movie, then use DVDShrink to re-compress it.
              G4 =

I got a ton of Gmail (2+(and counting)GB Email from Google) invites if anyone wants one. PM or email me if you want one.

Comment

• math25
                • Oct 2005

Hello,

My dvd player supports both PAL/NTSC so configure the player to use PAL format. I tried to view a show in PAL format. When the dvd plays, the screen is white/black and very not clear.

What can be the problem?
                Thanks !

Comment

• nwg
                  Left *****
                  • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by math25
                  Hello,

My dvd player supports both PAL/NTSC so configure the player to use PAL format. I tried to view a show in PAL format. When the dvd plays, the screen is white/black and very not clear.

What can be the problem?
                  Thanks !
                  Is your TV just NTSC?

Comment

Working...