Basic Guide How to Convert AVI Files to DVD with Avi2DVD

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingaaa
    • Mar 2006

Soup, thanks for the replies.I read it but to be honest all these filenames are very confusing to me, like ISO and encoders.I got Roxio 8 with a DVD creator sotware bundle thinking it would do it all.I was opening disc copier and just selecting the actual AVI file thinking that the software would do everything else needed.Am I just naive or just dumb! So after I follow the guide and install the software and go through all the steps in the guide, to actually create a DVD what file do I select with my burning software,the folder with DVD on it, the ISO file, the avisnth file? I find the more I get into this the more confused I get! Man, I wish they had P.C.'s when I was in school!!

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Try not to confuse you more. You can use ImgBurn to burn the ISO image (DVD_Image) in the Avi2dvd_temp folder. PLease download ImgBurn and use it from this link:

imgburn, imgburner, img burn, img burner, imageburn, imageburner, image burn, image burner, image write, image writer, iso burner, iso writer, cd burner, dvd burner, bin, cue, gcm, gi, img, iso, lst, nrg, mds, pdi, burn, burner, write, writer, image, drive, cuesheet, lightning uk, dvd decrypter, backup, cd, cdr, cdrw, dvd, dvdr, dvd-r, dvd-rw, dvd-r dl, dvd+r, dvd+rw, dvd+r dl, dvdram, hd dvd-r, hd dvd-rw, hd dvd-ram, bd-r, bd-re, dual layer, double layer, bluray, blu ray, blu-ray, hddvd, hd dvd, hd-dvd, burn audio, write audio, burn bin, write bin, burn cue, write cue, burn dvd, write dvd, burn iso, write iso, burn img, write img, write image, burn video_ts, write video_ts, burn bdmv, write bdmv, burn dvd video, write dvd video, burn bluray, write bluray, burn blu-ray, write blu-ray, layerbreak, layer break, VIDEO_TS, bup ifo vob

Regards

Comment

• kingaaa
        • Mar 2006

Thanks benbryant, I've downloaded and installed it, and it looks fairly simple,phew!! Does this mean that I cant burn these files with my own software bundle, Roxio 8?

Thanks

Comment

• soup
          Just Trying To Help
          • Nov 2005

Best advice would be to use ImgBurn, it has just been updated. I wish they had computers when I went to school as well or that I had taken an interest a lot sooner in life.

Comment

• benbryant
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Aug 2005

Does this mean that I cant burn these files with my own software bundle, Roxio 8?
            With ImgBurn, you don't need to have Roxio or Nero at all

wish they had computers when I went to school as well or that I had taken an interest a lot sooner in life.
            It's never been too late as long as we like to get involved and learn. How much you have known now comparing to a few months ago, soup. It is a big leap, isn't it?

Regards

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

You betcha thanks to this Forum & the people in it.

Comment

• kingaaa
                • Mar 2006

Soup and benbryant, thanks for all the help.I burned my first disc last night and it came out a treat!It was so simple to use, very user friendly.The only problem I had was a warning half way throught the process saying that the memory could not be read, and instructed me to click ok to terminate the program, but when I did click ok the finalizing process starts so I'm guessing this is fairly normal?
                Last edited by kingaaa; 5 Mar 2006, 09:15 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
                  Digital Video Master
                  Digital Video Master
                  • Aug 2005

Glad that it worked for you. This program is still in the beta phase and expected to be buggy and should be better with the future updates. Please don't hesitate to experiment different encoders which come with this tool and see which encoder works best for you. Thanks a lot for letting us know and please come back with us any time

Regards

Comment

• solarz
                    • Feb 2006

When i used imageburn to burn the .iso onto the DVD..it only put the audio and video_ts folders on there. Is that what it is supposed to do or did i do something wrong...because i was under the impression that it was going to put the actual movie on there to play on a stand alone player?? Thanks for any and all help!

Comment

• soup
                      Just Trying To Help
                      • Nov 2005

You need to create an ISO image to burn with ImgBurn, for example movie.iso.

Comment

• solarz
                        • Feb 2006

I did..i used the guide listed in this thread...and i followed everything to a "T". When i finished converting i ended up with a "DVD_image.iso" file....and i also have a folder named DVD with the audio and video_ts files. I just don't understand how to get them to play on a stand alone player. Inside of the video_ts folder...i only have VTS_01_1.vob, WTS_01_2.vob VTS_01_3.vob..and that is IT. NO .ifo files or anything.

Comment

• soup
                          Just Trying To Help
                          • Nov 2005

Read this & you use the ISO not the folder with video_ts & audio_ts. I am wondering if you have a complete file? Point your mouse over each & tell us how big each is please.

Last edited by soup; 11 Mar 2006, 07:48 AM.

Comment

• solarz
                            • Feb 2006

when i open the iso file (which is a rar file) it shows the audio and video_ts folders. Insid of the audio_ts folder is nothing. Inside the video_ts folder it has 3 files.
                            VTS_01_1.vob = 1,073,709,056
                            VTS_01_2.vob = 1,073,709,056
                            VTS_01_3.vob = 446,038,016

and i have right clikced and pointed to iso file to burn with imageburn...but it doesn't play on my stand alone player.

ETA - i did use the *.ISO* file when i burned using imagburn and not the video_ts and audio_ts folders.
                            Last edited by solarz; 11 Mar 2006, 08:15 AM.

Comment

• soup
                              Just Trying To Help
                              • Nov 2005

Now we are getting into an area that I am not familiar with. Hopefully somebody with more experience will be along to help. I would like you to post ImgBurn log.

This thread might explain rar.

Last edited by soup; 11 Mar 2006, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• solarz
                                • Feb 2006

As with the actual file that was spit out of the avi2dvd conversion..it created an .iso file. I just don't know why it won't play on my stand alone player. If someone has had this problem before i would really appreciate the help.

i didn't save the log or anything...but is there a way that i can find the log...does it automatically output a log somewhere.and if so...how can i find where it was ouput??

Comment

Working...