X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Did I download the wrong AVI2DVD

Since I found out about ffdshow and can complete the tasks on AVI2DVD I have tried 2 avi files.Video problems after burn with both yet both have been completed successfully through NeroVision Express 3 thank goodness for updates I guess.Anyway my question is are there 2 different versions of AVI2DVD.The reason I ask this is in step 2 there are 2 boxes to tick pal to ntsc and ntsc to pal.I can tick ntsc to pal which is totally useless for my region but it wont let me tick the other box.Noticing the flags on top for languages the only english is the UK flag there is not a Canadian or US flag to be seen for North America.The first avi file I tried and basically failed with AVI2Dvd Nero told me there was more pal than ntsc so I am thinking it could be responsible for the problem.Sorry this is so long but I wanted to give as much info as possible.

• benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi soup,

Avi2DVD can recognize the source format either PAL or NTSC. If your AVI is a NTSC, only NTSC to PAL is available to be selected and vice versa

Regards

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Yes but the first file I tried with AVI2DVD when it didn't work and then I used Nero.Nero told me the file contained more pal than ntsc.AVI2DVD would not let me tick the box then.It is just that the end product is like the old tv's when the horizontal hold went.I can't think of anything else since I now know that both files play fine when done through Nero.

Comment

Working...