Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xialater
    • Mar 2002

Dual Layer Backups....Split or strip??

Just curious which you all prefer to do when backing up a Dual Layer DVD.....since we al have the same problem of the data files being too damn big for us to just burn back in an easy way, I was curious......Do you prefer to strip out the subititles, menus, and extra audio tracks, and just have the movie on 1 DVD-R, or do you prefer to plit the DVD files apart over 2 DVD-Rs and have to put in a second disk halfway through the movie.........

Personally, for some movies, I want the DTS Sound, or the DD 5.1......for example, the Matrix wouldn't be the same if the sound was just your basic 2 speaker setup, it loses some of the magic......but something like Caddyshack, Screw it, tear the extra BS out of disc, and burn back the movie with none of the extras.......I've been doing everything on a movie by movie basis, but I am curious to see what everyone else has been doing

Cheers
  • Kurto2021
    • Apr 2002

I almost always strip just the video and the 6-channel audio and then make my own title screens and chapters. I am not real good at the title screens but I am getting better. Most people don't use the extra features anyway all they do is watch the movie.

Comment

Working...