Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • couchspud525
    • Nov 2005

software recommendation request

I am trying to make a " insert next disc" insert to use in DvdRemake reauthor of episode type DVD. I have some .gif images I would like to use in the image. I have installed all kinds of software to get this done. I have read the guide that I got from here that uses TMPGEnc Plus and Dvd author but can't seem to get .gif's to work using photoshop. So I am looking for some software that I could use to make an image with working .gif's in it to be converted to Video_ts file to be inserted in reauthored DVD as a replacement tile.

Please recommend software that would do this so I can get started learning it instead of wasting my time learning all these different softwares that won't do what I need.
    thank you for your expertise and time.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

to change a gif still to say bmp or jpeg or something like that, simply use paint, then tmpgenc will accept it.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• couchspud525
      • Nov 2005

no I want the .gif to move in the image. Is there any way to get a moving .gif image into the DVD reauthor and keep it moving?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

never done it, but i don't think tmpgenc will take motion gif's in the menu. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

i'm not sure whether tmpgenc will accept gif's, but you can convert any gif to an avi file. use an image editing program (i use photoshop or 'xnview') to output each frame of the gif to a separate file, so you will end up with many images (depending on how many frames the gif has).

then see my post here http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...683#post316683 to convert to an avi file. make it dvd compliant, and you can insert into dvd author as you wish
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...