Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthJango
    • Jan 2002

Problem with DVD authoring programs

I just installed Windows 98 SE on my computer because I know most of the DVD authoring programs require it. Well I tried installing Spruce Up,My DVD,and WinDVD but after I installed each one and rebooted my computer would not boot up correctly. It would act like it was loading Windows then it would go to a blue screen with the message "An exception 0E has occured at 0028:00000002 in VxD---,This was called from 0028:C023AC79 in VxD---, It may be possible to continue normally." When I press a key to contine normally it just goes to the Windows 89 screen and freezes. The only way I can reboot back to normal is to go into safe mode anduninstall the program then reboot. The only program that I couldn't get to uninstall was Spruce Up so I had to reformat my computer before it would boot back to normal mode again. I haven't tried DVDit yet. I'm not sure what will happen if I do. I have authored DVDs with Ulead DVD Factory but some of the movies I made would go out of sync when I burnt them with Ulead. Can anyone tell me what could be causing this problem with the other programs? Any help would be appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you installed DirectX?

Comment

• DarthJango
      • Jan 2002

Yes I have the latest Direct X from Windows update. I think its 8.0a or 8.1.

Comment

• sonic
        • Mar 2002

Re: Problem with DVD authoring programs

Originally posted by DarthJango
        I just installed Windows 98 SE on my computer because I know most of the DVD authoring programs require it. Well I tried installing Spruce Up,My DVD,and WinDVD but after I installed each one and rebooted my computer would not boot up correctly. It would act like it was loading Windows then it would go to a blue screen
        WinDVD didn't run on WinXP when I tried it but PowerDVD has since Version3. Spruce up loaded fine on WinXP and hasn't given me any BSOD. Haven't tried MyDVD yet.

Comment

• omarh
          • Nov 2001

You said the movies you burned were out of sync during playback. did you only play them back on your computer or did you try it in a stand alone player?

I found that sometimes when my computer isn't working right, it will look like the audio is out of sync but when i try it on a standalone player it sounds fine

Also, there is NO reason to run Windows98. in fact its probably a bad idea!! run windows 2000. all the DVD authoring programs work great in Win2K
          i use spruceup and dvd it

Comment

Working...