Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mike_n_herrin
    • Dec 2005

Edit DVD menus to use in my own home made DVDs

Hello everyone. My name is Mike and i'm a new forum member.

A friend from another forum pointed me here, but i don't know if he's a member here or not.

I have a DVD menu quesiton. I searched through the forums but didn't really see something related to my question so i'm sorry if this has been posted somewhere else.

There is a DVD menu that i like the background/animaiton and sound for. I would like use the background in some home made DVDs to add some pep to them. I do not want to copy the movie or anything like that. I just like the background in the menu and maybe (this is a long shot i figured) have working buttons that i can link to chapters in my home made dvd (and not to chapters from the orignal movie).

my friend originally pointed me to the following thread, but I don't think that is what i need: :http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=58388

thanks in advance if you can tell me how to do this or just simply "no it cant be done."

- mikey
  • darkbunglex
    Pure
    • Dec 2005

Im just new ere too so dnt knw much but.. If u try playing each .vob file individually u will find one that has the menu on it and u can then just convert the vob into a mpeg2 file and manually edit it, to extract wat u want. With all shareware. But i dont know how to extract the menu buttons intact.

Comment

• geno888
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Dec 2005

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can try to import these menu with DVD-Lab Pro and then export these menu as template to reuse with your movies.

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by geno888
        Hi and welcome to the forum.

Maybe you can try to import these menu with DVD-Lab Pro and then export these menu as template to reuse with your movies.
        DVD lab pro would be a prefferred way to compile menu and I will recommend it.

Comment

Working...