Possible to get title/time/date from (DVD-VR) VIDEO-TS.ifo?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roboscooter
    • Dec 2005

Possible to get title/time/date from (DVD-VR) VIDEO-TS.ifo?

I'm using a Panasonic DMR-E50 to record with, and then I edit the resulting VRO file using TMPGEnc to make my own standalone discs. On the whole, it works pretty well. However, I would like to be able to read the title, date, and time data that is stored in the video-ts.ifo file (what comes up when using the direct navigator feature on the Panasonic to select a program, or to view the program properties) while I'm doing this. Does anyone know how I might go about pulling that information off?<!-- / message -->
  • r0lZ
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Mar 2004

Hi and welcome.

I don't know yet the DVD-VR format, but if the IFO file is standard, there is no special place to store the date and time.
    However, the provider ID field can be used to store almost anything.
    Also, the DVD-TEXT table, if defined, can store the DVD title and a title for each clip, and even for each chapter, as well as other informations.
    You can read the provider ID and the DVD-Text General Name with PgcEdit. If they are defined, they will appear in the title bar. But note that PgcEdit can retrieve only the General Name (ie the main title of the DVD) from the DVD-TEXT data.
    r0lZ
    PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
    Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• Roboscooter
      • Dec 2005

Thank you for your response. If nothing else, it made me realize that the DVD-VR format doesn't use VIDEO-TS.ifo files at all--they use VR_MANGR.ifo files, which are a completely different animal (and which PgcEdit does not read). Thus the whole title of this thread is wrong.

So, to rephrase, is it possible to get the title/time/date information from VR_MANGR.ifo files?

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Roboscooter
        So, to rephrase, is it possible to get the title/time/date information from VR_MANGR.ifo files?
        Not possible. The only way is the direct navgator way to read the RAM disc as you do now..

Comment

Working...