X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viking
    • Apr 2002

Why can't I playback copied DVD's

Hi,
    I am fairly new to this DVD copying malarky, have read loads of good user guides and am ok with ripping and copying processes,
    BUT, why can't I play back my DVD backups with some standalone player, portable player works fine.

I have done direct A03 - A03 disk copy, also ripped movie with smartripper and dvdecrypter, IfoEdit etc, all times movie plays perfect on pc, have tried to burn using Nero 5.5.5.6, instant cd+dvd 6, recordnow 4.

Is it because my standalone does not support DVD-R or am I not using the correct burn method, have tried most of "Derrow" methods, I find his guides very good, what about media, I use mirror 4.7gb disks.

tks for help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Go to:

Video forums, video software downloads, guides, blu-ray players and media.

to check out the capabilities of your specific brand of standalone DVD player.

Comment

• viking
      • Apr 2002

setarip - tks for reply and link, I guess by your reply the answer to

"Is it because my standalone does not support DVD-R or am I not using the correct burn method"

is that certain players do not support DVD-R.

Which software is best for copying???

tks again for help, you appear to be a legend on this forum

Comment

• Ndb
        • Mar 2002

NERO version 5.5.8.x works great for me, but I always rip then burn (kill the CSS, Macro etc). It has a DVD Video setting now and creates the needed VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders ready too.

Comment

Working...