Make 2 DVD video from dig-cam to one DVD?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

Make 2 DVD video from dig-cam to one DVD?

i got this video from a friends camcoder split on two dvds,round 3 gb data each,in standard dvd video file order(vts_x,ifos,bups etc....)

how can i make one dvd out of it?
    i was thinking of renaming files from the second dvd;so if i had

on dvd1
    vts_1*
    vts_2*

and on dvd 2 the same again,i would rename these files into

vts_3*
    vts_4*

and open them in dvdshrink,but i figured out there has to be a software that can do that without this nerving work which may never worked...

soo...is there a way/software,guide...anything?
    cro-anthem-video
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

TMPGEnc DVD Author (A different program than TMPGEnc) can do it. Its not free though, although it does come with a fully functional 30 day trail period.

TMPGEnc DVD Author - http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

Comment

• raddad
      • Jan 2004

Are you trying to make one continuous video, or just put the 2 onto 1 disc

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Hi sonic_emperor;

jmet's recommendation of TMPGEnc DVD Author is also mine.

You can use DVD Shrink compilation. Just follow the guide below:

In order to be able to use the remote control to forward from one title to another by using the excellent tip which I learnt from blutach

Please download the free PgcEdit and its addition plugins from the link below:

PgcEdit, DVD, IFO, PGC, menu, editor, debugger, trace, r0lZ, double, dual, layer, DL, burner, burn, video

How to install PgcEditand run the DVDShrink Remote Control Plugin

After you download PgcEdit, there is only one "pgcedit.exe" file. Double-click this file and this action in turn creates 2 more folder "bin" and "plugins". Please close PcgEdit and unzip all of the zipped plugins you downloaded from the site above to "plugins" folder. When everything is done accordingly, start PgcEdit again and this time you can see the "Plugins" on the Toolbar. Click File -> Open DVD and then open your saved DVD. after the DVD is open, press Plugins -> DVD Shrink and click DVDShrink Remote Buttons. Click Yes, click "Check All", click "Continue", and the finally go to File and press "Save DVD" to complete the process. By using these steps, you are able to forward from Title 1 to Title 2...with the remote control without the need to create chapters

But what if you like to use the method of renaming .VOB files to combine them inio DVD, here is what I usually do:

1- Rename your .vob files in logical order from DVD 1 to DVD 2 such as: VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB,...and place them in a new folder

2- Open IfoEdit, press the Create IFOs button abs select the VTS_01_1.VOB. click OK and wait for IfoEdit to complete .IFO and .BUP file creation

3- Use 2COOL's IfoEdit Mock Strip and Get VTS sectors to complete the process

4- Use DVD Shrink if the filesize is too large for a standard SL DVD

Get IfoEdit from here:

And Mock Strip guide here:

Regards
        Last edited by benbryant; 3 Jan 2006, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• dimad
          • Nov 2003

Some camcorders also create menus. If you want to preserve them - DvdReMake is the easiest way to go: http://www.dimadsoft.com/dvdremakepro/ht_merge_full.php

If you don't need menu then DvdShrink in reauthor mode.
          DvdReMake & MenuEdit - tools for customized dvd backups (http://www.dimadsoft.com)

Comment

• sonic_emperor
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2003

thnx all i managed to do it with TMPGEnc DVD Author...
            bnbrynt thnx for th guide,i copied it for next time and some other projects
            cro-anthem-video

Comment

Working...