X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nulldreamer
    • Jan 2006

Audio out of sync - progressively

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry for asking this, but I searched, and read throught the threads with no success of getting a clear answer on this. I also read the FAQ, but no dice.

Please be kind enough and help me out!

Here's the problem. I'm combining a several short clips into a DVD. The audio starts perfectly, but gradually begins to lag, and by the end of the clip is about 2-3 seconds behind the picture.

I tried using Nero Vision 4, TMPGEnc Plus 2.5, and Mainconcept mpegencoder 1.4.2.0 (in Mainconcepts mpegencoder - I left all the settings in default), and still the same result - audio progressively getting out of sync.

Here are some of the details for video file:

(the files are all xvid/divx avi clips !!!)

And the settings for TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 (I do need to reduce ~ 3-4 hrs of video into a single DVD5 DVD).

This is my first time trying to do something like this, and I would really appreciate your help! Thank you in advance!

All best!
    Last edited by nulldreamer; 12 Jan 2006, 06:52 PM.
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Are these xvid/divx avi clips ???, if yes, its a known problem with this format while conversion and you will find many solutions (if you search) but noone can guarantee which one will work for your sources. You will have to try it out before you know.

Comment

• nulldreamer
      • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by techreactor
      Are these xvid/divx avi clips ???, if yes, its a known problem with this format while conversion and you will find many solutions (if you search) but noone can guarantee which one will work for your sources. You will have to try it out before you know.
      Yes, they are indeed xvid/divx avi clips!

Before posting my original message I tried Cucusoft Mpeg/Mov/RMVB/DivX/AVI to DVD/VCD/SVCD Converter - Video Converter (Pro)" ... remember giving up right off the batt, because it wasn't capable of reducing the actual size of the files (couldn't fit as many files ...~ 3-4 hrs worth as I needed). So I can't tell wether it would fix the problem or not. I'm going to check out WinAVI Video Converter v7.1 first, and then try the Cucusoft converter, hopefuly that works out...I'd hate to have to shrink an 8 GB dvd, just because a program couldn't do so in advance.

Is there any programs or particular solutions you could recommend for this. I really couldn't find anything else besides the programs ... I really don't have as much time to search as I want to!

Thank you in advance!

All best

p.s. In either case, I'll post back so a clear cut solution to this problem is posted nice and neat.

*EDIT:
      WinAVI Video Converter v7.1 produced the same effect (I believe that Cucusoft's encoder will do the same) - audio is still out of sync... Help!
      Last edited by nulldreamer; 12 Jan 2006, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

As I said there no sureshot solution for this, but you can try AVI MUX GUI

Comment

Working...