Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thomasshawn
    • Jan 2006

DVD jumps and skips towards in last 2 tracks

Backed-up a DVD (SS/DL) that I use often and wanted to have a "work copy" Thanks to this forum I learned some valuable tricks. Now I am usings DVD Shrink (was doing this before) bundled with DVD decrypter to get quicker and hopefully better results that shrink and ROXIO 6.

I am trying to burn this 7.4G disk using shrink (custom size 4300MB-actual ~4400 after completion of ISO)

When I first did it with ROXIO first with ULTRAISO, the with DVD Shrink (made 2 discs) it would play and load up but when menu was pressed it went to a track somehwere in the middle of the disc. The tracks were REVERSED in order and it was worthless. SO then I switched to DVD decrpyter. Made a whole new ISO using DVD shrink (just to be sure it wasn't shrink) and this time. the disc loaded correctly all the tracks are correct but the last 2 tracks stop and start and are very choppy. I have reburned it and gotten the same result. It checks out as an EXACT copy of the ISO with NO CRC errors.

It plays perfectly on my PC using POWERDVD but windows MP gets an error eveytime and closes down.

Any clues what might have happened? DO I need to still go smaller than the 4300 am I getting to the edge of the disk?

What else could be causing this erratic behavior.

Thanks everyone for your help in advance.
Working...