• Show
Clear All
  • jeo
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Feb 2004

Polar Express (main movie only)

hi all!
    i want to rebuild(rb free) PE main movie with english and portuguese audios and subps.
    when i load the main movie in dvdshrink (no compression) have 3 main movies(angles?):
    english(title1),portuguese(title2) and spanish(title3)....
    (each title have his own language)

selecting titles 1 and 2 i have 8524Mb...
    more than using the whole movie(decrypted in hd) have 5.58Gb.

what is happen?...sometimes one cool explanation is better than one solution
    (seems that some cells without conversations are used in all titles.this is possible?)

what can i do to separate this 2 titles without get this too big size before use RB?

regards
    still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by jeo
    hi all!
    i want to rebuild(rb free) PE main movie with english and portuguese audios and subps.
    when i load the main movie in dvdshrink (no compression) have 3 main movies(angles?):

more than using the whole movie(decrypted in hd) have 5.58Gb.

what is happen?...sometimes one cool explanation is better than one solution
    (seems that some cells without conversations are used in all titles.this is possible?)

what can i do to separate this 2 titles without get this too big size before use RB?

regards
    Jeo, these angles are part of the DVD segments which play depending on the language you choose and skip the others. If you try to encode them as it is, they will play sequentially i.e. repeat play of the same clip one after the other.

You will need to keep your Video angle 2 (portuguese for you) since RB-Free does not support multiple angles(i think the pro ver does).

The guide for handling this is here

Comment

• jeo
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Feb 2004

thanks tech,i knew and have your guide saved in my hdd!

the big surprise: PE is not multiangle,i follow your guide to check and in all programs show only one angle...
      now the really strange,i really don't understand...quoting myself:
      Originally Posted by jeo

shrink show me 3 titles and each title have one language(eng,port,span)....
      (angles in audio only?!?! )
      how can it be?!?

regards

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by jeo
        thanks tech,i knew and have your guide saved in my hdd!

the big surprise: PE is not multiangle,i follow your guide to check and in all programs show only one angle...
        now the really strange,i really don't understand...quoting myself:

shrink show me 3 titles and each title have one language(eng,port,span)....
        (angles in audio only?!?! )
        how can it be?!?

regards
        Thats the tricksy of DVD structure, they seem like three titles but will be one only. Try keeping Eng and removing the others and I am sure it will work well. Usually the first one will be the real title, others will be dummy ones linked to the real one.

Comment

• jeo
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Feb 2004

Originally Posted by techreactor
          Try keeping Eng and removing the others...
          .but i want english and portuguese.
          as i told you with decrypter,pgcedit and ifoedit are showing only one angle(in ifoedit the option to choose angles is grayed)
          using shrink i have only one language in each title. selectimg only one title (no matter if 1,2 or3) i have only one language!!

what prog(s) i have to use? how i do that?!?

regards

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• blutach
            Not a god of digital video
            • Oct 2004

This is more an authoring question and I will move the thread.

Demux video from title 1 and audio from title 1 and 2. Remux with muxman. You will also need to edit the audio selection menu so that instead of selecting a title (weird), it selects an audio stream.

Regards
            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

Working...