X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aLittletank
    • Nov 2005

to shrink or not to shrink..

that is the question...

if a dvd will fit without compressing it is there any reason I shouldn't just rip it with DVD Decrypter in Iso read mode and write the file using DVD Decrypter?

is there any value to the DVD shrink analysis process with uncompressed files?

thanks
    Allen
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi aLittletank,

IMHO, DVD Dercrypter is always the better decrypting tool than DVD Shrink. I usually decrypt the DVD with DVD Decrypter and then burn with ImgBurn. But if the DVD is too big for a SL DVD, I use DVD Shrink after to reduce the file size and then burn with ImgBurn or Nero

Regards

Comment

• soup
      Just Trying To Help
      • Nov 2005

Have to go along with benbryant on this one. IMO great advice.

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by aLittletank
        that is the question...

if a dvd will fit without compressing it is there any reason I shouldn't just rip it with DVD Decrypter in Iso read mode and write the file using DVD Decrypter?

is there any value to the DVD shrink analysis process with uncompressed files?

thanks
        Allen
        Not with DVD shrink but for cleaning the Video. Some releases are nowadays coming with a lot of grain and noise, which can be cleaned to some extent using Avisynth filters.

Comment

• aLittletank
          • Nov 2005

thank you for the responses. I have two more questions now though

why burn with ImgBurn instead of DVD Dercrypter? I am not against making a change, I just haven't had a problem with DVD Dercrypter.

and...

At the risk of looking like a total newbie, what is an Avisynth filter?

again thank you for all the info!

Allen

Comment

• soup
            Just Trying To Help
            • Nov 2005

Basically as far as burning goes ImgBurn will be updated but Dvd Decrypter will not. You can check this out.

Last edited by soup; 12 Mar 2006, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Working...