Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boney264
    • Nov 2005

Video files to DVD problems

Using DVD Santa. Converting video files to dvd. I can add some media files but not others. All mpeg files. Message pops up (unable to open video stream) followed by (unsupported audio stream) and (unable to open video file)
    I'm not technical minded so could somebody please explain Maybe you could suggest better software for authoring and editing video files to DVD. Thanks for any help. Great forum people.
  • ffreezinmn
    At the beginning:
    • Jan 2006

Hi boney-
    much better soft is dvd decryperter for riping. You will need the pgcedit plug in for protected discs. round it off with dvdshrink and you should be good to go. all the above soft is free and links can be found on the fourm for downloads.
    Good Luck and welcome to the party

F

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by boney264
      I can add some media files but not others. All mpeg files. Message pops up (unable to open video stream) followed by (unsupported audio stream) and (unable to open video file)
      I'm not technical minded so could somebody please explain Maybe you could suggest better software for authoring and editing video files to DVD. Thanks for any help. Great forum people.
      Download the ffdshow filter. You shouldn't have any problems after installing it. - http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=53761

Basically it saying you don't have the necessary audio and/or video codec to open that file or that DVD Santa doesn't support that file extension. Sounds like it may be "AC3 Audio" that it doesn't support.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Maybe you could suggest better software for authoring and editing video files to DVD.
        tmpgenc or avi2dvd, search the forum for guides
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...